Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

I switched to these Dekas about 2 months ago from the stock wheel/tire combo and what a difference. Makes me wonder why in the world Ford would design the stock setup 17/7 with a 40 sidewall tire.

The ride is much less bouncy, the turn in is almost as abrupt with out any of the skittishness, along with less wheel slip and more predictable torque steer under heavy acceleration. Corners I was taking at 60 with some trepidation I am taking at 70 with full confidence on a much less sticky tire in the BFG Sport Comp 205/45/16.

I had planned on the TD Pro 1.2's but I don't regret this purchase at all.

Special thanks to TusconFST who gave me a great deal on these barely used bad boys.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The Pro Race 1.2s are only available in a 7" wide wheel in a 16" diameter, and they are also heavier than the Dekagrams despite being an inch narrower. [wink]

Unless you want to pay insane amounts of coin, and wait half of a year for Braid to build/drill them for you (and these are even heavier yet than the 1.2s, but quite strong/'bombproof'), the Dekagrams are the ONLY 'bolt-on' 16x8 available for our rides.

You are absolutely correct sir! I had planned to run 15x8s in the Pro Race 1.2s but there are some limits as to which BBK you could install (VMAXX only, I believe), and there is definitely a step up in cost. Plus it seems like BFG is gonna bring us a high performance tire in 215/45/16 soon which is exciting!

Anyone here running Indy 500's? How do they hold up to the torque of a tuned fist? If I dont go this route i'll probably try out the new RS-Pro's

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anyone here running Indy 500's? How do they hold up to the torque of a tuned fist? If I dont go this route i'll probably try out the new RS-Pro's
Plenty of wheel spin in 1st, decent amount of wheel spin in 2nd, minimal in 3rd. What tires are you coming from? How many miles/season do you plan to do on the tires?

Plenty of wheel spin in 1st, decent amount of wheel spin in 2nd, minimal in 3rd. What tires are you coming from? How many miles/season do you plan to do on the tires?
On my mx5 I have a set of Hankook RS4’s. On this car I’m currently on winter tires. I’ll probably be putting 15k over the warmer months on this set. I want something that’s good in the wet with a quieter ride as well since it’s my DD. I don’t care about life, when they wear down I’ll just buy 2 more.

Most cars I’ve run pilot super sports and star specs for summer rubber. I want something that’ll grip most of 2nd at the minimum. The car won’t see any track time since I have the Mx5 for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
On my mx5 I have a set of Hankook RS4’s. On this car I’m currently on winter tires. I’ll probably be putting 15k over the warmer months on this set. I want something that’s good in the wet with a quieter ride as well since it’s my DD. I don’t care about life, when they wear down I’ll just buy 2 more.

Most cars I’ve run pilot super sports and star specs for summer rubber. I want something that’ll grip most of 2nd at the minimum. The car won’t see any track time since I have the Mx5 for that.

I think you want a stickier tire then. And it’s not going to be good in the wet. I have not found a summer tire that is anything more than adequate in the wet. You need to step down to a uhp all season if you want “good”.

I want something that’s good in the wet with a quieter ride as well since it’s my DD.
Most cars I’ve run pilot super sports and star specs for summer rubber.
The car won’t see any track time since I have the Mx5 for that.
Conti ecs come in 205/45 and seem to tick a lot of the boxes, they do quite well in standing water.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just ordered a set of these in bronze (amazingly, the black were out of stock/backorderd by Konig).

My question is has ANYONE tried to stretch a 205/50-16 Nitto Neo Gen over these??

I found a tuner shop willing to try to put a 205/50 on these (for a serious upcharge, of course, whereas NO ONE ELSE in this area would even consider it, no matter how many waivers I signed), but do not want to run into a scenario like some have had trying to put the Falken 615+ on an 8" wide wheel, and they all but could not do so.

ANYONE???