Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New AP Firmware Update Released - Auto On / Off Feature

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
FYI...

A new AccessPort Firmware update (1.7.2.0-10139) has just been released with the much awaited auto on/off feature ...

Note: The on/off feature works when you turn on and off the engine....This is an Engine On/Off Detection (EOD) Feature

(See details in update notes in AP manager after reflashing AP)

Now available for ALL Ford Accessports is a BETA Engine On/Off Detection (EOD) Feature. The on/off button still retains its functionality but the EOD feature enables the Accessport to sense when the vehicle is running and automatically turns on or off with the engine. EOD does require the user to enable the feature. It can also remain disabled if you prefer to use the on/off button exclusively.

Auto on off.jpg

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #3
Verified a short time ago that it works great!

Verified a short time ago that it works great!
Awesome! I left mine on a couple days ago (I think it's the first time I've done it without noticing) - been waiting a long time for this, and I need to flash my 2nd map revision from Panda anyway :)

Love the new feature.. heres a little youtube clip I just did showing that it works.

[video=youtube;n02HIEu0_ko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n02HIEu0_ko[/video]

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #7
[MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION]

Thanks again for releasing the AP Auto On / Off Feature...

I know this took more work than it appears to develop the firmware and prove out...But sometimes its features such as this that make the greatest difference! From someone here that also uses their AP daily as a 6-way gauge / monitor I can tell you that this new feature is performing very well, is very much appreciated, and was worth the wait!

iso100

1000 Post Club
Mine tried to turn off while I was driving yesterday. I'll keep an eye on it...

So my AP says firmware is up to date with version 1.7.2.0-10133 and it showed no option for auto ON/OFF. Any ideas?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #11
So my AP says firmware is up to date with version 1.7.2.0-10133 and it showed no option for auto ON/OFF. Any ideas?
Hmm... My version read 1.7.2.0-10103 ....So after the update you checked the setup menu and its not there?

Nevermind my AP shows firmware v.1.7.1.1-9879 even though when I click "Check for Firmware Updates," it states it is up to date and shows v.1.7.2.0-10133 as latest update. What gives?

Hmm... My version read 1.7.2.0-10103 ....So after the update you checked the setup menu and its not there?
So yes sir, it shows it never updated even though I asked it to update 20 times. On the plus side, I've reset ECU and KAM so with the new intake hole, thing should be stupid peachy tomorrow!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #14
So yes sir, it shows it never updated even though I asked it to update 20 times. On the plus side, I've reset ECU and KAM so with the new intake hole, thing should be stupid peachy tomorrow!
Yeah...when I went to update yesterday I recall my AP manager program took some time to update itself before it re-flashed my AP....Maybe Cobb's server is down?

I feel like that rabid cat from the comic strip Opus! *ack* *pthppppp* *hack* *thuuuuuup*....not happy. I was all excited to get home and get this done. Now I am sad, depressed, and my wife keeps laying on me about quitting tuning my car. FML. I'm just gonna finish drinking and go to bed. Screw the update...its second nature to turn the thing off anyway and Valet map v.202 means nothing to me since I don't use it and no damn valet will ever touch my little FiST.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Just like Cobb,
They like the Focus best :(

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #19
Interesting...Wonder if Cobb found something and just pulled the Fiesta update...

Like I said earlier...I had no problem yesterday updating my AP manager and reflashing my AP with the new update... I now have the new auto on/off feature active on mine and its been working very well for me ...Also a few others on here successfully downloaded the updates as well... hmmm...