Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New ATP video

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
If anything the GTX might make the car more driveable since the boost won't come on so quickly, and it'll be at a slightly later RPM.

TheStig

I want to see what it does on street tires from like a 20MPH roll, that is where the real money is for most of us guys. Getting on the freeway and shaming a EVO next to you or something.

And to the comment about having it make so much power its not the same car, there is nothing wrong with a surplus of power as long as you are prepared for possible consequences like picking your crank up off the road. Otherwise its fun to have a car that makes almost double what it originally did and just running it around on a very conservative tune until you wanna unleash the beast. I dont see people with 800HP EVO's complaining, they dont daily them with that much power usually, its often a major detuned map that makes good power but is liveable and driveable.

Taking a FiST and having it produce near as makes no difference 350FWHP and 400FWTQ (for example) would be impossible to drive all the time, it would incinerate tires at every stop light. But a FiST capable of that and running a tune with only say 260FWHP and say 300FWTQ, that would be fun and possible.

If anything the GTX might make the car more driveable since the boost won't come on so quickly, and it'll be at a slightly later RPM.
Isn't that why Ford kept 1st and 2nd from reaching full boost on the stock ST? Did that change with the Cobb tune?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I probably wont be upgrading turbos for another 4 years or less. Gonna keep it mild modded till my warranty expires, by then we should know more about our cars max potential and then decide which route I wanna go. Im just gonna sit back and watch the trials and tribulations from afar :)

pwnall1337

Vendor
i've been ready for the gtx for at least 3 months now. I'm waiting on atp gtx and cobb intake :\

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
I told myself I wouldn't do a turbo swap on this car..... We'll see how my finances are next year lol

Come on IRS tax me to death this year so I can get another $4000 return next April!!! I don't think the gtx would be my way to go given the power band shown on the dyno charts but the gt would be tempting. I'd also like to win the lottery so I could send my ST off and have a GRC awd, IRS and sequential put in. Now that would be a treat haha.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Or adjust your withholdings and put the extra aside in an interest bearing account that you control instead of letting the government have a 0% loan.

Yup need to claim some exemptions I didn't realize last year I claimed none! I couldn't believe it that was ~$330 extra a month in taxes they were shafting me with and I never bothered to notice. Couldn't believe my return.

TheStig

Or adjust your withholdings and put the extra aside in an interest bearing account that you control instead of letting the government have a 0% loan.
BOOM thats what i do. Max limits and an additional 25$ to federal and 10$ to state each month to help make my return all the nicer.

pwnall1337

Vendor
I want to be the first ATP boosted Fiesta ST in the USA. Should cost me less than 3k to get the gtx + cobb instake and installed/tuned by JMS. I'd install the intake myself but I want it tuned right then and there so It's easier to just let them install it. Other than GTX/COBB, my final mod will probably be BC coils if I wanna take it lower.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Grrrrrrrr I really hate it that I live in a place with NO local COBB tuners .. closest one is 400 PLUS miles away in Ohio....

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I want to be the first ATP boosted Fiesta ST in the USA. Should cost me less than 3k to get the gtx + cobb instake and installed/tuned by JMS. I'd install the intake myself but I want it tuned right then and there so It's easier to just let them install it. Other than GTX/COBB, my final mod will probably be BC coils if I wanna take it lower.
they quoted you $1K for turbo install?