Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Fiesta ST Owner, Looking for Beginner Advice!

Hey folks, just bought a 2016 Fiesta ST and I'm looking forward to using the forum as a resource for my hopeful long-term ownership. It's my first NEW car, and I'm definitely trying my very best to keep it maintained and clean. It's also my daily driver, work vehicle, and I am considering using it for Uber and Lyft as well.

I would like to improve the practicality and longevity of the vehicle, so any suggestions for "must have" products for the Fiesta ST, or any new car in general, would be greatly appreciated.
The people at the Fiesta ST subreddit recommended a rear motor mount, and I'm already planning on purchasing Weathertech floor/cargo liners and window tint.

Features:
White Platinum paint
Moonroof
Cloth ST seats

Attachments

Welcome! Go to "Tech Forums, Maint" and look for "Drivetrain 101". Can't say for sure that it really helps, but, it does make sense.

A fiesta is too small for an Uber/Lyft. You have to fit 4 people other than yourself.

Maybe if you weren't in America..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterfan

My list of must have's:
-Window Tint
-Short Shift Kit
-Disable Sound Symposer (personal taste)
-Reusable panel air filter (K&N, etc)
-Lightweight wheels and sports tires

Rear seat is not really comfortable and is awfully bouncy (and cramped for Mericans :)). Not my first choice as a taxi-type vehicle. To each his own

Enjoy your FiST experience :)

Congrats on new FiST.
Consider installing an oil catch can (OCC). Mishimoto (and others) has a plug-n-play kit.

OP
JFrye
Thread Starter #12
Rear seat is not really comfortable and is awfully bouncy (and cramped for Mericans :)). Not my first choice as a taxi-type vehicle. To each his own

Enjoy your FiST experience :)
My sister's boyfriend uses his Fiesta SE for Uber/Lyft and he said nobody has complained to his face about the rear seats yet, but yeah it is cramped. There's not many drivers in my area so they're gonna have to settle for this or nothing lol

zanethan

A fiesta is too small for an Uber/Lyft. You have to fit 4 people other than yourself.

Maybe if you weren't in America..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been picked up by a Fiesta uber in my area. They legally can hold 4 people so unless Uber/Lyft specifically bans the fiesta there is nothing preventing the op from using it to ride share.

I've been picked up by a Fiesta uber in my area. They legally can hold 4 people so unless Uber/Lyft specifically bans the fiesta there is nothing preventing the op from using it to ride share.
Legally sure, but I wouldn't want to cram 3 adults in the back on my ST.