Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member (FiST on the way!)

OP
TeddsModernLife
Thread Starter #21
I must admit to preferring the 4 door variants over the 2 door variants, glad I got mine while they lasted! Hopefully that means the RHD Projector Headlights for the German FiST's become way cheaper too (if they are importing the 2dr variant from Cologne in 2017, that is).
Getting the German 2 Doors is a possibility, the other possibility is that Thailand will start to build a 4 door ST for the American Market (They don't build any ST right now, only regular Fiesta's).

The good news of the first option: 2 Doors (comes to personal preference), build quality better than the mexican made FiST (When it comes to Mexican build quality I only trust Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly [woot] hahahaha) and of course cheaper euro headlights.
The bad news of the first option: Maybe is more expensive than current

The good news of the second option: Maybe it comes cheaper
The bad news: of the second option: Maybe the build quality is not great.

It's my favorite too but the fact that the 2016 will be the last US Spec Fiesta ST makes me feel uneasy (and more because the warranty/support we got in Mexico is awful). I would be pissed if I have the Fiesta and 1 year later the one offered is a 2door EuroSpec imported from Cologne (I love 2 doors).
I have not heard this, where did this info come from? The 2016 is the last US Spec. FiST?

OP
TeddsModernLife
Thread Starter #23
I have not heard this, where did this info come from? The 2016 is the last US Spec. FiST?
It's seems so... there are rumors (only rumors, nothing official) of production shifting from Mexico to Thailand next year (So, 2016 the last mexican-made Fiesta)..... and as I said Thailand does not offer a ST trim (maybe yet).

http://wardsauto.com/plants-amp-production/ford-add-c-car-mix-mexico-fiesta-shifts-thailand (Fiesta moving to thailand)

It's an old rumor. And now with the news of Ford shifting the production of the Focus/C-Max from MAP to CSAP and bringing the Ranger to the states feeds that rumor.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu.../08/26/ford-wants-bring-back-bronco/32420661/ (Return of the Ranger/Bronco)

OP
TeddsModernLife
Thread Starter #26
btw, this is the reason I fell in love with the Fiesta, the 2012 SE I used to own.

I loved every bit of it.... even with all the problems it gave me, it was worth it.

IMG_3356.JPG

Very nice! It might also makes sense to be producing the FiST platform the same place the global FiRS would be made. :D

OP
TeddsModernLife
Thread Starter #28
Very nice! It might also makes sense to be producing the FiST platform the same place the global FiRS would be made. :D
The RS editions..... I wanted to buy a Focus RS 2010 but they are expensive as fuck (around the same price of the fully loaded 2016 Fiesta ST) the MKII Focus RS is one of my favorites car (Ever). I'm pretty sure the future "FiRS" will be a great car (and outperform the FoST in every aspect). Cologne will have to work on their production capacity in a near future.

OP
TeddsModernLife
Thread Starter #29
Do you guys believe in fate?
My dealer said that I won't be able to "place an order" for the FoST 'till the end of October and the Delivery time should be up to 12weeks (that's crazy!!!). I finally made up my mind and I will proceed with the 2016 Molten Orange FiST. ETA is December 16th (or maybe sooner). The best thing (besides having the FiST) is that I will be paying a lot less hahaha

I didn't want the FoST in the first place so I'm happy getting the Fiesta instead. Even when my brother wishes me the worst (he says that the Fiesta is the worst car ever made because he ended up getting my Fiesta SE and he hates its guts).