Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Member from Pittsburgh, PA

Hey, just recently purchased my (new to me) 2016 Ford Fiesta ST (37K odo. for $13K) and am absolutely in love with it. I upgraded from a 2011 Ford Fiesta SES which had been my beater car for the past few years and I figured it was time to upgrade. Sold the old SES to a buddy, and now am part of the ST club.

Some small issues I've noticed, and perhaps some members can advise me on:

- I've upgraded SYNC 3 to v 3.0 which is the newest version available according to Ford Customer Service. However, I can't seem to get Android Auto to initialize. The USB hub never seems to recognize my phone as being plugged in and instead just charges it. What am I missing here? I've done numerous Master Resets and soft reboots to SYNC 3 and I am using the same cable and phone (Pixel 3a) as in my 2019 F-150 where it works. Any help on this is appreciated.

- I noticed the previous owner must have pulled into a cement parking spot barrier as the bottom of the front bumper is damaged and will need to be replaced. Does anyone have any tips on places to order from etc? Any success in the past with bumper replacements (painted) from any vendors?

Thanks, hope to see some of you at meets or events (especially if you're in the PGH area)

OP
Kenophobia
Thread Starter #2
Here's some photos, some were taken with the old SES when the new owner purchased it.

Attachments

wetwea33

You need to swap the USB hub out on 2016's to use Android auto. They sell them on eBay and Amazon or you can pull one from a 2017+ car.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
Kenophobia
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for confirming this - it's what I suspected when I posted on Reddit but of course Ford Customer Service insisted otherwise. Much appreciated.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thanks for the help, and just to be clear - you needed that even just to use AA, correct?
I know its the case with Apples' Carplay, I am not certain it is the case with Android Auto. Welcome to the forums!

Welcome! Not sure about a source for a painted bumper but it looks repairable(?). If you want to swap it out it's super easy and you can find how to's on here. I do the Low Key autocross at PittRace, it's fun to embarrass much more expensive cars. Also thinking of getting into other autocross events when we get back to normal.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
There's a white one on Beechwood Blvd (or Saline St alley) if he can't find a spot on Beechwood, on my way to work
I sometimes see another white one making a right off of 6th Avenue onto Smithfield St at around 930am.
There's a magnetic metallic on Mount Washington.
There's a molten Orange off of Route 30 in Norwin.
And I've seen 2 blacks and 1 blue downtown or there abouts.
I've not see any of them have Recaros. Then again if they have tinted windows it's hard to tell.
Stalk much? lol

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! It's a step up from the regular Fiesta.