Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission help needed for a non-ST Fiesta Owner

Fellow FiSters....

My son's girlfriend recently purchased a 2014 base Fiesta with a manual transmission. It has an intermittent stalling problem. While sitting at a light, clutch depressed, foot on the brake, and the car in 1st, the engine occasionally revs high, then shuts down. She says the engine then won't restart nor will it allow her to get it out of gear. After a minute or so, it can be started and moved.

Any thoughts?

OP
kenweise
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. Questions
1. There are no engine codes. Any idea if a bad valve would throw one?
2. What do you make of her comment about not being able to shift while this is going on?

I have no idea about the not taking it out of gear , but a bad idle valve usually stops working after after about a 20 to 30 minute drive. Or at least thats what would happen when mine went out twice on my f 150.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As you said, there no codes so I would start with basics,
These are easy to do and may eliminate the possibility of having more than one problem.

The Fiesta 5 speed trans is similar to the ST 6 speed as far as shifter cable adjustments.
I would suggest first that you check the adjustment of the cables.

Next I would check the clutch fluid and possibly blead the system to make sure it is working correctly.

BTW: check Search, I am sure you will find the procedures.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I'm thinking clutch. Have her try always putting it in neutral while stopped and see if it ever happens again. If it doesn't, look into clutch fluid/slave cylinder/master cylinder issues.