Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New To Me '15 FiST, intro and questions!

Hey all,

Just picked up a '15 Fiesta ST with 18k on the clock from a dealer near Nashville, TN. Coming from 8 years of German cars, this thing definitely feels different, but I'm excited to have some spirited runs in this guy. Very happy thus far! I have a couple thoughts and questions for you wonderful people.

1. It appears as if the previous owner made no modifications except for a front sway bar of an unfamiliar name. I find it kind of strange he or she went for solely a fsb and nothing else! Anyways, can anyone help me identify the brand of this sway bar? (Pic included)

2. I will wait and get a feel for her over the next few months before I spring and make any modifications but there are a few things I'd like to change right away:
- The stock shift knob feels tiny, light and uncomfortable in my hand. Can you point me in the direction of a high quality slightly bulkier, perhaps weighted knob?
- This thing really needs a dead pedal! Any ideas on where I can source one?

Nice to meet everyone! If anyone is near Murfreesboro, TN and wants to meet up, id be happy to get together and talk cars.

Thanks,

Zucky

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

Hey all,

Just picked up a '15 Fiesta ST with 18k on the clock from a dealer near Nashville, TN. Coming from 8 years of German cars, this thing definitely feels different, but I'm excited to have some spirited runs in this guy. Very happy thus far! I have a couple thoughts and questions for you wonderful people.

1. It appears as if the previous owner made no modifications except for a front sway bar of an unfamiliar name. I find it kind of strange he or she went for solely a fsb and nothing else! Anyways, can anyone help me identify the brand of this sway bar? (Pic included)

2. I will wait and get a feel for her over the next few months before I spring and make any modifications but there are a few things I'd like to change right away:
- The stock shift knob feels tiny, light and uncomfortable in my hand. Can you point me in the direction of a high quality slightly bulkier, perhaps weighted knob?
- This thing really needs a dead pedal! Any ideas on where I can source one?

Nice to meet everyone! If anyone is near Murfreesboro, TN and wants to meet up, id be happy to get together and talk cars.

Thanks,

Zucky

Welcome to the site and the community. I am in SWVA around 30-35 miles or so from the TN border. As for the bar it's a mountune strut tower brace. The sway bar is located up under the car. I'm not sure why they would go for that for first mod probably just to stiffen the front slightly and looks. I won't be getting one possibly some front and rear torsion bars and definitely some swift spec r 1 inch lowering springs (1.1 front 1.0 rear drop) they are designed around the upper limits of the factory dampers as they dynoed them and made the springs accordingly which is one reason I want them. I'd highly recommend them if wanting an effective cheaper option to coilovers. They are linear rate as well which I like and they give the perfect drop for this car imo. Good luck with the car you will love it!

OP
zucky22389
Thread Starter #4
Welcome to the site and the community. I am in SWVA around 30-35 miles or so from the TN border. As for the bar it's a mountune strut tower brace. The sway bar is located up under the car. I'm not sure why they would go for that for first mod probably just to stiffen the front slightly and looks. I won't be getting one possibly some front and rear torsion bars and definitely some swift spec r 1 inch lowering springs (1.1 front 1.0 rear drop) they are designed around the upper limits of the factory dampers as they dynoed them and made the springs accordingly which is one reason I want them. I'd highly recommend them if wanting an effective cheaper option to coilovers. They are linear rate as well which I like and they give the perfect drop for this car imo. Good luck with the car you will love it!
Thanks for the reply. And right, I mis-named the part, my fault! I have lots to learn. Mountune is a name I've been hearing quite often when it comes to ST tuning so I suppose I'm happy they chose a solid brand, though still confused as to why they would do this mod first and stop. Perhaps there were other mods that the previous owner reverted back to stock. I've crawled all around this thing and have seen no other suspension mods. Thanks for the recommendation on springs. Upon my first driving reactions, the rear shocks seem a tad over-damped (keep in mind the car is so new I have much to test!) and I did a little research on that and I've heard good things about Koni STR.T's for the rear. I wonder if your recommended springs would fit. Just a thought, I won't make any adjustments until I get a much better feel of the car, and figure out what I want to fix.

Other than that, any recommendations on dead peals or shift knobs?

Best,

Zucky

OP
zucky22389
Thread Starter #6
Did some more research on here and it appears Lathe works knobs are top notch. Also appears I can order a stainless dead pedal simply off amazon. Thanks yall! Enjoy your weekend.

Welcome from another new FiST owner! I'm in Raleigh, NC, but try to make it to the Tail of the Dragon a few times a year. I'll be springing for a dead pedal soon as well, can't believe these didn't come with them from the factory.

OP
zucky22389
Thread Starter #9
Welcome from another new FiST owner! I'm in Raleigh, NC, but try to make it to the Tail of the Dragon a few times a year. I'll be springing for a dead pedal soon as well, can't believe these didn't come with them from the factory.
Right on. Wasn't there someone in this forum that custom made them when the car was released? I haven't bought one yet and would like to support him but if I can't find, I'll probably just buy a stainless one online. I'm stoked to take mine to tail of the dragon =]