Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thaiphoon's '15 FiST Journal

Hey guys, my name is Tommy and I recently picked up a 2015 Fiesta ST in Ingot Silver. Thanks for all the warm welcomes in the Intro thread.

Wanted to post a "journal" as I am enjoying the car stock for now as my first manual. Still learning the ropes but slowly getting there. [emoji1]

Will only be cosmetic mods at this point but may consider some performance mods down the line also. Open to suggestions!

Anyway, glad to be a part of this forum and onto the pics!

What I am coming from, 2007 Honda Accord SE

Got the OEM fuel lock adapter for peace of mind. Not sure why Ford didn't make the fuel door lockable from the inside in the first place. My Accord had this...

Also picked up a set of WeatherTech floor liners - already doing their job!
Front driver

Front passenger

Rear Passenger

Welcome!
How do you like the weather techs? Do they interfere with the clutch movement at all?

OP
thaiphoon
Thread Starter #3
Welcome!
How do you like the weather techs? Do they interfere with the clutch movement at all?
The clutch, when fully extended, does hit the top of the liner, but it's not too bad once its broken in - I haven't noticed it at all recently. The added protection compared to the other mats I was looking at is well worth it.

LT Berzerker

The clutch, when fully extended, does hit the top of the liner, but it's not too bad once its broken in - I haven't noticed it at all recently. The added protection compared to the other mats I was looking at is well worth it.
Totally agreed! Well worth it, after a while you don't even notice lol.

congrats on the fiST :)

rexdriver85

Congrats and welcome!

I was ready to pull the trigger on the OEM ST winter mats and cargo mat but these look really nice.

OP
thaiphoon
Thread Starter #7
Congrats and welcome!

I was ready to pull the trigger on the OEM ST winter mats and cargo mat but these look really nice.
Thanks! I was ready to get the OEM ST mats as well but after looking at the front driver's side floor mat, it doesn't extend nearly as high as I would like, which would not last come winter time.

I do have the ST cargo liner on order though. Will post pics when it comes in!

OP
thaiphoon
Thread Starter #9
Just got this in today. Was going back and forth between this or the Fiesta mat for the lower tray position but it wasn't stable enough for my liking. Regardless, the area underneath is still utilized!

rexdriver85

Just got this in today. Was going back and forth between this or the Fiesta mat for the lower tray position but it wasn't stable enough for my liking. Regardless, the area underneath is still utilized!

I do like that one. It has lips like the weather techs. I will most likely get this one but now I have a decision for the rest of the car haha.

Can you post a link to the one for the lower position? I don't believe I have seen that yet.

OP
thaiphoon
Thread Starter #11
I do like that one. It has lips like the weather techs. I will most likely get this one but now I have a decision for the rest of the car haha.

Can you post a link to the one for the lower position? I don't believe I have seen that yet.
Sure. Just went for a quick drive and also snapped these.

Here is the normal position as the upper position

To sit it in the lower position. Pull it out completely and angle it under the plastic mounts

Pull it towards you. Under the plastic mounts closest to the rear and it will sit flat. Here is the lower position.

Here are two pictures showing the two positions with a cargo bag for reference.

Bonus pictures!

OP
thaiphoon
Thread Starter #12
Small update from about a week ago. I got No-Pistons pedal spacer and man, what a difference it makes. Manual operation feels more natural now and still perfecting my heel toe technique but this has absolutely made a world of difference. Great product No-Pistons!

Here's a couple pictures I took to try to capture the difference.

Without

With

Next up. Tint and rally armor flaps!

OP
thaiphoon
Thread Starter #14
[MENTION=2751]thaiphoon[/MENTION] nice. Leaving the pedal protector on the gas?
Haha. Will eventually take it off. Quite a durable piece of film though.

Nothing major lately but just passed 2500 miles. Will do an oil change soon and ask the dealer about clusters creaks/rattling over firm roads. It's very feint, but noticeable with music off. Anyone else experiencing this? May just need more breaking in I'm thinking.

Just washed and getting her tinted this week and Rally Armor flaps are on order!

Also threw my Accords custom fit sunshade for shits and giggles. Not too bad of a fit but will probably buy one for the FiST down the line.

OP
thaiphoon
Thread Starter #15
Tint is in! And Rally Armor flaps just arrived today. Will put them on this weekend.

OP
thaiphoon
Thread Starter #16
Still enjoying driving her every day. Put on some visors last night! Prob not everyone's cup of tea but I've had em on all my cars.

OP
thaiphoon
Thread Starter #17
Haven't updated in a while. Since this last post, I've put LED bulbs in the interior, Yakima roof rack for my bike, upgraded halogen headlights, Nokya fogs, Cobb RMM and AP3. Here's some pictures of the mods:

Interior LEDs from Amazon

Yakima Roof Rack - an old rack I used to use for my Accord. Got new clips to fit it to the ST

Philips H11 CrystalVision

jeff

2000 Post Club
Nice thread! How much improvement do the headlamps make? I'm considering upgrading mine in some modest way.

OP
thaiphoon
Thread Starter #19
Thanks! Definitely better than stock, much more noticeable. I wanted something a bit whiter to match with my interior LEDs.

I actually started off trying out an LED headlight kit and was not impressed at all. Too much noticeable glare and the light throw was completely off. Here's some pictures of the LED headlight kit.

Needless to say, the kit went back. I'm much happier with these upgraded halogens instead. Hoping to do a retrofit somewhere down the line but these have been great so far. Hope that helps!