Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Toyota Supra

Agree, agree agree. Rear end is beautiful. Something is just a little off in the front, maybe its the soft-ish nose, or featureless hood. IDK but both of those are true of it's predecessor.

I'll never own one but can sure appreciate it for what it is.
I feel astho the front was inspired by a Mercedes but in all honesty I'm not it's biggest fan. Really would have been nice to see a next gen jz or the uz motors and maybe mated up to a 6speed with a lsd but that's just me. Now see I will say that when I saw the gtr when it released in the us I was severely disappointed that it didn't have something like a RB35 or 40 which I'd still love to see and I realise that the 2j and rb motors are dated but if they weren't what the are they wouldn't be so awesome

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^^You are not going to see an ("unlimited boost/indestructible") iron block in a modern performance car any more. [wink]

there was a new Supra at autocross last weekend.
2 seconds faster than my FiST on course.
It looked very controlled on transitions and smooth power delivery.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It’s a BMW 😂 . Sorry but not only is this fail but I was never fan of the MKIV either. Give me a R32 Skyline GTR over a Supra all day long 😂 . I would take C8 Vette over this thing without even pausing to think about it. Its just fail through and through. If I wanted a BMW I would buy an M2 alas owning BMW’s has kinda soured me on BMW’s great cars to drive but the maintenance uuuggg.
Rule of thumb with Audi,BMW, Mercedes buy under lease when lease is up drop it like a hot Potato .

It’s a BMW 😂 . Sorry but not only is this fail but I was never fan of the MKIV either. Give me a R32 Skyline GTR over a Supra all day long 😂 . I would take C8 Vette over this thing without even pausing to think about it. Its just fail through and through. If I wanted a BMW I would buy an M2 alas owning BMW’s has kinda soured me on BMW’s great cars to drive but the maintenance uuuggg.
Rule of thumb with Audi,BMW, Mercedes buy under lease when lease is up drop it like a hot Potato .
Now I can agree with u on the gtr but I'd take the guys sadan r33 or r34

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
22 years later, countless improvements technologically for automotive powerplants and it has a whopping 15bhp more.

This car is a hard fail.
Looks like it’s a whopping 100bhp to me...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I love it. I’ve been following all the tuner shops who picked one up.

Ok, it’s a Toyota with a BMW based engine. So, what? Isn’t the 86 a Toyota with a Subaru based engine? Hyundai based it’s 2.0T Genesis coupe on the 4B11T from the Evo. I’m sure there are MANY examples, but my point is that it’s not as big of deal as people make it out to be.

Toyota found a way to bring an iconic sports car back to the market and saved money while doing it. If, instead, Toyota had developed a whole new inline 6, some of y’all would be complaining that the car costs too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I would rather have a Lexus LC 500.
If I win some money it's the first car I'm buying.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
People wanted Japanese, Japanese, with more Japanese. Instead they got German, German, and some Japanese sprinkles.

It doesn't make them grumpy are complainers. It makes them critics. It's not like I'm buying a Supra, so I guess it doesn't matter but I do feel like they have a right to criticize. I hope for the people who bought the car that somehow those Japanese sprinkles fix the German reliability problems. I do feel bad for those Toyota technicians though completely different world. Someone besides the technicians should have to buy the particular tools that are going to be necessary for that car. You don't necessarily need torx sockets to work on Japanese cars.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Nothing wrong with being a critic, once you've actually sat behind the wheel driven one IMO.
No interest in that lol. Edit.......On the flip side I did drive my M3 all over the place today. Love to drive the damn thing. Not sure about the whole ownership side though. Lol
Oh well at least its appreciating in value at this point.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Nothing wrong with being a critic, once you've actually sat behind the wheel driven one IMO.
It could be a fantastic car doesn't matter.
It lacks the Japanese purity. When you have to tell a Toyota fan that they have to buy different tools, because they're actually working on a BMW you have a problem.
Once again could be a fantastic car.
You can criticize something without trying it I mean crystal meth is bad I can criticize that without trying it.

koozy

3000 Post Club
No interest in that lol.
That's your choice, you are entitled to it.
It could be a fantastic car doesn't matter.
It lacks the Japanese purity. When you have to tell a Toyota fan that they have to buy different tools, because they're actually working on a BMW you have a problem.
Once again could be a fantastic car.
You can criticize something without trying it I mean crystal meth is bad I can criticize that without trying it.

Those are "beliefs" and "complaints" that have been attached.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Someone just get a 3-D Printer and create some BMW Emblems for it.....This thing is an abomination and a product of a syphilitic abortion due to a pygmy grudge Fu*k.