Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New turbo-back exhaust!!!

As mentioned this is not “catted” and should not be billed as one. The fit and finish is good. I used it as a catback as I will have to pass emissions testing in two years. As a catback this exhaust has a terrible drone problem 2.5-4K and shook the car violently. I had to install a resonator to solve this problem another $100. My advice is if you want a cheap non-catted system this will work well with the glass pack resonator in place, but it is terrible as a catback. Save your money and buy a well engineered exhaust.

^Damn, that is tempting. 249.00 with hangars. Will consider it. Could be loud, unknown. Good placement of the resonator. Lacking the muffler but 3". Could be good. Looks like a new product with 409 stainless, sounds to good to be true. Maybe a great option for some on a budget. Any thoughts?

I've messaged the seller two questions. 1. Will he be manufacturing more, since there is only one left. 2. Will he consider making the system 2.5". You know this system is loud as hell. Looks like a MBRP knock off.

I've messaged the seller two questions. 1. Will he be manufacturing more, since there is only one left. 2. Will he consider making the system 2.5". You know this system is loud as hell. Looks like a MBRP knock off.
I thought the same thing

WWP

MBRP

Think he'd be up to drop a muffler into the system as well to make one that's not going to drone or being obnoxiously loud?! lol I'd be interested at that point.

He won't be making a 2.5" at this time. He seems to think 3" flows better on a stock turbo. It seems you could add another resonator in the rear section to quiet it down. But personally I think 3" pipe is overkill on our stock turbos. I will be considering either Borla, Magnaflow, or Mountune.

He won't be making a 2.5" at this time. He seems to think 3" flows better on a stock turbo. It seems you could add another resonator in the rear section to quiet it down. But personally I think 3" pipe is overkill on our stock turbos. I will be considering either Borla, Magnaflow, or Mountune.
Hell, I think 3" is overkill on hybrids, now bigger turbos, sure. I would add a resonator, but the problem for me there is that I don't want to roll the dice on what it's going to sound like with the resonator. I don't have a problem being a guinea pig if it's something I can adjust or modify on my own, but I don't have any welding experience and I don't want to bring to back and forth trying resonators.

I've been looking for a reasonably priced Mountune/Cobb for awhile, may just have to bit the bullet later in the year and buy new... not thrilled about it though :)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Hell, I think 3" is overkill on hybrids, now bigger turbos, sure. I would add a resonator, but the problem for me there is that I don't want to roll the dice on what it's going to sound like with the resonator. I don't have a problem being a guinea pig if it's something I can adjust or modify on my own, but I don't have any welding experience and I don't want to bring to back and forth trying resonators.

I've been looking for a reasonably priced Mountune/Cobb for awhile, may just have to bit the bullet later in the year and buy new... not thrilled about it though :)
You may can still find the Ford performance exhaust made by Borla. They sell the Mountune now and had the FRPP system on sale at Levittown Ford performance parts a while back for like $450 shipped.

Yea, nowhere has had it on sale for a decent price recently. The Mountune holiday sale was the best price I had found, but still more than I'm wanting to spend of an exhaust right now when I have other needs for the car. Hopefully something will pop up!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So there is THIS for $300 which is exhaust minus DP which appears weak point in OP setup that is also up $50 from OP post time... but the bend doesn't look the same as others, who knows how well it will actually fit, but Whoosh has a catted DP for $280 and an MBRP cat back exhaust for $389, all free shipping, which together is the cheapest that I'd trust going with... BUT that $300 one IS T409, vs. the cheap aluminized steel of the MBRP, so maybe the $300 cat back with $280 Whoos catted DP would be a good combo... if that bend in the cheap exhaust fits fine...

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #136

As mentioned this is not “catted” and should not be billed as one. The fit and finish is good. I used it as a catback as I will have to pass emissions testing in two years. As a catback this exhaust has a terrible drone problem 2.5-4K and shook the car violently. I had to install a resonator to solve this problem another $100. My advice is if you want a cheap non-catted system this will work well with the glass pack resonator in place, but it is terrible as a catback. Save your money and buy a well engineered exhaust.
I'm very surprised by this... maybe the resonated dp is doing alot to cut down drone because I have absolutely no drone. Like at all.... People who ride in my car can't believe how quiet it is when I'm putting around or just cruising on the interstate.

Thanks for the insight. I was also looking at this as a catback. How would you rate the sound/drone with a resonator? Is it comfortable, less drone, etc? The cost of picking this up and a resonator is still a savings over one of the more well-known brands. I was pondering getting this off of eBay with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator.