Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Noise at low RPM

Just called the service dept and they know there is something wrong with the transmission for sure but since they never worked on a fiesta st before and not many techs have messed with this, ford is sending a tech to them. They are in the middle of tearing down the transmission. I am supposed to get a call this afternoon with an update. I'm guessing at least another week without my ride.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Just called the service dept and they know there is something wrong with the transmission for sure but since they never worked on a fiesta st before and not many techs have messed with this, ford is sending a tech to them. They are in the middle of tearing down the transmission. I am supposed to get a call this afternoon with an update. I'm guessing at least another week without my ride.
Sorry to hear, please keep us in the loop. It's scary to hear many are experiencing similar transmission noises.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Bummer dude.
Youd think once you've built one trans, any other manual trans wouldnt be much harder..

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #64
That sounds like a poor excuse for a bad service department. What did my tech get the Fist earlier than your service department? Lol. I dropped my Fist off at 9 am and it had a new transmission in it and I was driving home with a smile at 6 pm that Same Day! You need to call Ford directly that's what I did.
My car feels great btw!

I'm guessing they don't have extra transmissions lying around.... maybe they should. Who did you call at ford? Well see what they say this afternoon.

thanks sent her a PM

Update: got a call from the service guy, the ford engineer cant show up until tomorrow morning. so another wait for an official diagnosis.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #69
I'm guessing they don't have extra transmissions lying around.... maybe they should. Who did you call at ford? Well see what they say this afternoon.
I would send Meagan a message like rooSTer said. The reason I did and suggest is because when you call them and explain the situation they want to help you out as much as possible so your leaving satisfied. Ford service writers don't care about most customers but Ford does and will then contact the dealer and expedite the situation so you don't make a stink about things.

Got a call back and the ford engineer says its normal and the car is still breaking in (1273 miles)..... I dunno what else to do but take it back. They don't sound like they will do anything else unless it fails or gets worse.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Got a call back and the ford engineer says its normal and the car is still breaking in (1273 miles)..... I dunno what else to do but take it back. They don't sound like they will do anything else unless it fails or gets worse.
That's really interesting. Has this noise been happening since you drove it off the lot or more recent? If its been like this since new, I wonder if your dealer can let you test drive another ST to see if you can hear the same noise.

Its been there since i got it best I can remember, its been so long since i drove it now. I dont think i noticed it until i started driving it to work more often since i was switching back and fourth with my other car. the dealer doesn't have another ST on the lot so they cant compare anything.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #73
I don't know how loud it is but I can tell you that my new transmission doesn't make any noise whatsoever.

Yea that doesnt make me feel any better. I will have to talk to the service manager tomorrow morning (dunno what to say) as i am at work. I sent them a link to this forum though.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Replace the tranny?? Mine makes the same noise! SH1T!

make an appointment and at the very least get it logged and checked. they didnt fix anything on my car and i can stilll hear it but they wont do anything at my dealer unless there is a tsb or something from ford. you may have better luck at your dealer.

Just noticed the whine in 5th and 6th gear on the highway last night. 1500 miles on my car. Hope nothing's wrong with it.

I'm taking my car in Tues 7/8 for a loud gear whine on deccel while in 4-6 gears. The car has 1200 miles and has a 8/13 build date. I've heard the noise since new and was hoping it would subside with mileage but that is not the case as it sounds like it is getting louder. I'm itching to buy a few mods but not gonna happen until this issue is looked into. Hopefully I'm not just told "its normal" because if this really is normal I feel many more people would be saying something about the sound.

iso100

1000 Post Club
When I took a tech for a ride in mine he said it wasn't normal within 20 seconds. My car is with them now but so far they haven't torn it down yet.

I had identical symptoms.

YIN

The sounds like "air escaping" or "modified decompression valve" ???
Damn it ! I have exact same noise! ! I thought it was "normal" for turbocharge car........[???:)]