Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Noise at low RPM

jbelmonte

i have the cobb ap and fswerks intake. i have taken my car in for a faulty fuel pump (sounded like it was going to die at any moment) and a few thousand miles later for a immoilizer malfunction. both of which they did not say a word about a tune. keep in mind i did flash back to stock and remove the AP. they did mention that my headlights were throwing fault codes as i replaced them with HID lights. guess my point is if they wanted to dig in about the tuner they would have done so sneaking around the ECU.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #43
That's good they didn't make a big deal over that.
I'm waiting for someone who flashed their car with the AP to go in for warranty work, I'm still not sold that they can't tell if you've flashed the ecu or not
What do you need done?

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #44
Still waiting on the transmission and kind of getting frustrated having driven my car with this noise more than I have with it being right.

So I wanted to see if anyone could help me out. I have just about 800+ miles on my Fist now and its been making a whining sound when I'm in higher gears at low RPM. Here's a video with the noise.
Thanks, Anthony
[video=youtube_share;C-j1SUEZAKI]http://youtu.be/C-j1SUEZAKI[/video]
Where you getting that noise at low rpm in high gears while putting load on the car or just cruising or even off the gas ?

Just wondering as I have noticed a little whine in mine . Not really worried about it as its probably normal and not as pronounced as yours in the video . If I made a video you wouldn't even hear it on film lol . Seems like there are a few out there that have the same issue or sound coming from there tranny .

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #47
Where you getting that noise at low rpm in high gears while putting load on the car or just cruising or even off the gas ?

Just wondering as I have noticed a little whine in mine . Not really worried about it as its probably normal and not as pronounced as yours in the video . If I made a video you wouldn't even hear it on film lol . Seems like there are a few out there that have the same issue or sound coming from there tranny .
Mine does it in the higher gears mostly at low rpm with low load like cruising highway speeds the lower the rpm the louder. The car drives the same I think but then again I kind of forgot how it was driving when it was good because its done it for quite a while now. No hurting taking it in, I think I could probably get away with driving it like this for a while but it does sound annoying compared to when I picked it up so I just can't wait for the Tranny to get here.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #48
Oh I don't need anything done (knock on wood)
I'm just curious if Ford will be able to tell if the computer was flashed since its only theorized that they won't.
Ya I guess we will only know when you bring it in but they didn't even mention mine intake I'm sure they expect us to mod these cars that's why Ford built the ST so then could be pushed and the enjoyed so its not there first rodeo with custom cars. If it was a regular Fiesta or Focus maybe but are cars are built for this purpose ya know? Hopefully you're car stays good.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #49
Transmission is in

The transmission is in and I'm dropping it off on Monday, they're going to give me a loaner car too. I'm excited and can't wait to get it back perfect again!

Good to hear, the dealer I dropped my car at told me they called some ford tech hotline and are waiting to hear back. They dont have another ST to compare to.

I am really curious to hear more about this . I have a feeling the noise to a certain point is normal or just a noisy tranny . I guess time will tell when you get the new tranny if the same issue comes up again . The more and more I have been reading there seems to be more people on the forums talking about this whining noise .

I think there is only a select that can hear it . Like myself I can hear any little creak or rattle then I have some of my other friends come in the car and try to describe the noise and they tell me to get my ears checked . I have found in the years most 6spd trannys are noisy . I don't know but I hope it works out for you and all of us if this is an on going issue .

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #54
That's exactly what they did with mine. When Ford called them they said they wanted to replace the tranny. I was ok with that because a new transmission is the best way especially with a new car. So I can't wait until Monday and then to pick her up all nice and right again.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #56
Update

Dropped my Fist off at the Ford dealer this morning. They gave me a Fusion loaner car and said it will only take a day to do the tranny.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Dropped my Fist off at the Ford dealer this morning. They gave me a Fusion loaner car and said it will only take a day to do the tranny.
Did you get the Ecoboost Fusion? lol

Glad its getting taken care of.

My car is still at the dealer and i havent heard anything. I will link them to this forum post hopefully to speed things along.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #59
All Done!

Did you get the Ecoboost Fusion? lol

Glad its getting taken care of.

Haha no just a regular one but are you ready for this?

I just picked it up, ya it's all done new tranny and in the same day. It feels amazing and sounds awesome again!

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #60
My car is still at the dealer and i havent heard anything. I will link them to this forum post hopefully to speed things along.
Oh man I hope they speed it up and get you your baby back! I know you must want it back already!
Good luck!