Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Change Question/Wrench Light

My car has just reached its first 10,000 miles, which of course is significant from a maintenance standpoint.

Now, I've done a couple of oil changes already. In fact, I did my first oil change right after the 1,000 mile break-in period, and every ~3,000 miles thereafter.

I was expecting my wrench light to illuminate upon reaching 10,000 miles, but it to my surprise, it hasn't.

This little detail entails (in my opinion) that the ECU is pretty advanced in its analytic abilities, and isn't set to go off at predetermined mileage points.

With this said, do any of my fellow FiST owners rely on the wrench light, or are you proactive like me with basic maintenance?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My car has just reached its first 10,000 miles, which of course is significant from a maintenance standpoint.

Now, I've done a couple of oil changes already. In fact, I did my first oil change right after the 1,000 mile break-in period, and every ~3,000 miles thereafter.

I was expecting my wrench light to illuminate upon reaching 10,000 miles, but it to my surprise, it hasn't.

This little detail entails (in my opinion) that the ECU is pretty advanced in its analytic abilities, and isn't set to go off at predetermined mileage points.

With this said, do any of my fellow FiST owners rely on the wrench light, or are you proactive like me with basic maintenance?
Hell no....that infernal light doesn't do poop on some vehicles and on others it's a nuisance.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Sprinkle_Star
Thread Starter #3
Interesting... okay.

My last car was a 2000 Celica, and it certainly did not feature any monitoring systems for oil or tires for that matter.

LaserWhisperer

FYI my 15 FiST has 57k on it and I've only ever seen that light once.....since I bought the car new in 2015 :)
Obviously I've done oil changes between now and then (performed myself) and I've never once reset the light per the procedure as it's never come on (except that one time that I accidentally downshifted into 1st instead of 3rd)

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I have never seen mine in the 65k of ownership.Always wondered how it works on these things lol.

OP
Sprinkle_Star
Thread Starter #6
Thank you very much for the feedback! Very insightful indeed... I do know the reset procedure if the wrench light decides to illuminate. It's a lot more preferable to have my own maintenance schedule.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thank you very much for the feedback! Very insightful indeed... I do know the reset procedure if the wrench light decides to illuminate. It's a lot more preferable to have my own maintenance schedule.
If you run an accessport....there can be issues that can be solved by uninstalling it and doing the reset procedure then reinstalling it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2014 with 32k here. Never seen the wrench light. Interesting note for indicators though, our dash does have an indication for “auto stop/start” but our cars definitely don’t have that. Seems like ford just randomizes what works and what doesn’t.