Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How often do you change your oil?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Ford says every 10,000 miles but that seems stupidly long. What do you guys do? Do you have a favorite brand?

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Every 5k and filter. End of story....end it now and lock this thread for the love of god!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Will do. But what brand do you prefer, for oil and filter?

And how do I lock the thread lol?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Will do. But what brand do you prefer, for oil and filter?

And how do I lock the thread lol?
You can't a moderator has to lock it. I use a Mobil 1 m1-209a filter and usually 0w20 or 5w20 mobil1 Ext. Oil or Castrol Magnatec. Currently running the 5w20 mobil1 ext. Performance oil. Both good choices....everyone has their preferences. Use what ever you want....dont let someone else make the decisions for you....this is Murica....you still have a choice!

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
You can't a moderator has to lock it. I use a Mobil 1 m1-209a filter and usually 0w20 or 5w20 mobil1 Ext. Oil or Castrol Magnatec. Currently running the 5w20 mobil1 ext. Performance oil. Both good choices....everyone has their preferences. Use what ever you want....dont let someone else make the decisions for you....this is Murica....you still have a choice!

Thank you again, It's hard to pick the best one when I have absolutely no idea what the differences are lol.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
4-5K with the same oil Ford uses but since you can't find the Ford branded Kendall I just order it. $5 a qt. at my door. Ford could have used any oil but they chose the only one with titanium for good reasons. You can find test results at the National Lab, NIST.GOV and see what Ford saw.The titanium additive works in Kendall GT 1. Patent has run out and now Mobil, Pennzoil and Castrol have it. So any full syn with titanium and the Ford Fl400s filter. Also rotate the tires at the same time!

Or pick your fav......we all have one! There are no "bad" oils that meet Ford specs.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Every 6000-8000 miles from just commuting. I have it done at a "while you wait" place because I know the folks that work there, and I like that the oil changes are recorded in a manner the dealership can query. No more saving receipts to prove I change the oil.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Every 6000-8000 miles from just commuting. I have it done at a "while you wait" place because I know the folks that work there, and I like that the oil changes are recorded in a manner the dealership can query. No more saving receipts to prove I change the oil.
Just use plastic to pay for it and let the bank keep up with it! Records are as close as your phone.

I do oil and filter at or before 5k kilometers.

Also I empty the oil catch can every 1k kilometers which is about an inch of oil in the can.

Also have to top up the engine oil about twice in between oil changes.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Also no dodgy little apprentice can take your car for a "test" drive...

I do oil and filter at or before 5k kilometers.

Also I empty the oil catch can every 1k kilometers which is about an inch of oil in the can.

Also have to top up the engine oil about twice in between oil changes.

Do we have any evidence of catch cans helping anything in our cars? I haven't gotten one yet.

Yes, helps keep the intake runners cleaner as in all cars. Better if you do it while in low miles. If not the damage is pretty much already done
I'm at 20k, too late? I probably wouldn't do it until 25k anyway. What kind of damage are we talking?