Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

oil light on at idle

5w20 Mobil 1 with about 2k miles on it, level at max on stick. Fine cold, warmed up oil light illuminated at idle, off again at ~1200 rpm. Changed out the oil for 5w30, good so far. Anyone else experience this?

slopoke

How cold was it outside?
Aaron, he's in the San Francisco Bay Area, it was in the high 50s to lower 60s today. I highly doubt the ambient outside temps were a factor. I'm close to his area and our temps are cooler and I've never had a problem with oil pressure and I had a AEM X-Series digital oil pressure gauge.

OP
G
Thread Starter #5
From symptoms it's either an out of spec sensor or actual low oil pressure. Local Dealer had sensor in stock so they must change them with frequency. Cheap at $6, was gonna swap it out for troubleshooting but access was crap, opted for oil change instead. It's under warranty, will probably take it in, was wondering if anyone else had seen this.