Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P1450

Hey all,
I'm a new member and I read a couple of the threads about this issue. Is it an issue with the purge valve or "unable to bleed up to fuel tank vacuum"? Is this an easy fix? Or is it covered under warranty? Ive got just over 59k on it, no modifications other than a removed resonator.

Another question, does this issue cause any engine harm? I read a couple threads online saying that this issue is basically just not a problem, and to just clear the code. Is any of this true?

Pleas help me lol

I just had this problem. What year is your ST? I have an aftermarket intake on my '16 so I bought the purge valve assembly for the '14-'15 replacing my purge valve bc it wouldn't seal. Also when I filled up I had to press the accelerator pedal to finally get it to start. But I replaced that part and it fixed it.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
I just had this problem. What year is your ST? I have an aftermarket intake on my '16 so I bought the purge valve assembly for the '14-'15 replacing my purge valve bc it wouldn't seal. Also when I filled up I had to press the accelerator pedal to finally get it to start. But I replaced that part and it fixed it.

I have a '15, its all stock for now. I have an st200 airbox on the way though

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Do this before messing up with the evap purge valve, it doesn't cost you anything to do
sometimes the capless flapper can stay open when is dirty and it won't hold vacuum
when i did mine like this, i used dry lubricant spray
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlK2qekqX5s
I'll give this a shot when Ive got some more time through out the week, and Ill let you know how it goes!

I have a '15, its all stock for now. I have an st200 airbox on the way though
D2BZ-9C047-E is what I replaced when the code came up. My purge valve ticked a lot louder and more often so I removed the assembly and figured out the valve wasn't sealing which meant it couldn't actually pump the vapors from the tank. I replaced this and the car runs better than new LOL

Ashokray

I can confirm that I had the same issue on my 2017 Fist and found a solution. I replaced two parts and now I have no more codes thrown and she runs smoother. The Vapor Canister Vent (Dorman 911-216) cost me about $48 and the Canister Purge Valve (CP803) cost me about $20. The mechanic charged me $105 to replace them. Found on Amazon. I was having issues after filling up and it would take a little gas to get it to start. 1450 code came up and researched it here to come to the conclusion that one of those parts I replaced would be the solution---and it was...just not sure which part was the one making me get the codes.

Last edited: