Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thought that the Mountune '16+ induction hose had a great fix... Nope P1450 and stumbling

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Well, crap, I thought I had done my homework and spent good money on the Mountune induction hose with it's supposedly excellent fix/adapter for '16+ on my '17... Well, I'm getting off throttle stumble, even died once and getting the annoying P1450 code, but no CEL... Well, no biggie passing smog check next year, but with the stumbling and P1450 code I almost should have just gotten whatever off-brand induction hose and the Whoosh fix... Anyone else experience the same? I have heard that tune doesn't matter at all, which I agree since it doesn't seem to matter which one I run it's the same.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I've had zero issues with mine. Installed it before I got an AP and no CELs before or after. I also have a Green drop-in filter, and otherwise my intake is stock.

Did you ever figure out the issue? I was thinking about buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

I’ve had mine for just over a month with 0 issues.

On the other hand, it’s probably a waste of $150.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I’ve had mine for just over a month with 0 issues.

On the other hand, it’s probably a waste of $150.
At the time I priced out the cost of doing the evap line mod and a non 16 hose and it came out to roughly the same price as the Mountune 16+ hose so I said screw I will go with the Mountune 16 + hose that way I am not screwing around putting non 18 evap lines in a 18. Anywhere outside of Cali it may not be an issue for us it could be as evap lines constitute part of our smog system.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, crap, I thought I had done my homework and spent good money on the Mountune induction hose with it's supposedly excellent fix/adapter for '16+ on my '17... Well, I'm getting off throttle stumble, even died once and getting the annoying P1450 code, but no CEL... Well, no biggie passing smog check next year, but with the stumbling and P1450 code I almost should have just gotten whatever off-brand induction hose and the Whoosh fix... Anyone else experience the same? I have heard that tune doesn't matter at all, which I agree since it doesn't seem to matter which one I run it's the same.
Check your work. The hose works fine, and gives you a little more turbo sound, too.
Make sure it's all on right. Sounds like it isn't.

I installed the Mountune full Induction package (intercooler, airbox, and all the hoses and hard pipe) on my 2019 late May of 2019 and have not had any issues at all. About the only issue I've had was with getting the intake air temp sensor plugged in properly after changing out the air filter. This year I finally installed the Mountune radiator I had sitting in a spare bedroom since May, 2019 and pulled the airbox and induction hose to gain more clearance. BTW, doing this really made it a lot easier to slide in the Mountune radiator. Anyhow after all that futzing around with the induction hose it's still working perfectly.

BTW, have to give a rave review on the Mountune radiator. We've had temps in the mid to high 90's and I have yet to see 5 bars displayed on the temp indicator, it's nailed at 4 bars and it never strays from that. The car also pulls like a frieght train on steroids in 2nd gear, can see a need for an LSD down the road.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
ya Covid has probably not helped. Have you contacted them?
Probably about half a dozen times. Get the same thing every time. Last excuse was that they're powder coating the 18+ adaptor and should be sent out soon. I guess we'll see.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
IF YOU HAVE NOT CAUGHT WIND TO MY POST EITHER I'M IN THE SAME BOAT. THREE PLUS MONTHS NOW AND NEVER ONCE HAVE THEY INITIATED ANYTHING ONCE THE PRODUCT WAS BOUGHT. AFTER A COUPLE WEEKS OF NOTHING I FINALLY REACHED OUT. I HAVE EASILY OVER TWENTY CALLS AND EMAILS AND ONLY GOT MAYBE FIVE REPLIES. IT WILL BE THE LAST MOUNTUNE PRODUCT I EVER BUY. BEING SOMEBODY WHO WORKS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE THERE IS NO EXCUSE HERE.

I also ordered one about 3 months ago. Every few weeks I ask for an update. They've always replied to my inquiries. I just emailed again and will share the update here if I get a reply.

FWIW, I finally received mine over the weekend and installed it. No error codes yet! #crossedfingers
Hoping others of you who were waiting have received yours as well!