Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

p303 misfire

Hey everyone. I have a 14" Fist I have had for about 4 years and it now has about 93k miles on it. As far as modifications go that may have any relevance here they are just a few basic bolt ons. A fmic, mountune filter, induction hose upgrade, hot side charge pipe, symposer delete, and a cobb AP with a few tunes.

I was driving a few days ago on the freeway and got into boost at about 2/3 throttle and all of a sudden the engine started misfiring. I turned around and drove home and read the codes and it was a misfire on cylinder 3 (p303) as well as a p0131 and a p0303 which I figured are likely from the misfire.

I pulled the plugs and replaced them and 3 and 4 were definitely gassy, the coils seemed alright visually. There is a lot of unburnt fuel coming from the exhaust as well. I replaced all the plugs and got the same thing. I figured i would swap the coil pack with a different cylinder and am having the same misfire at cylinder 3.

I read some of the basic readouts. The afr is definitely low at around 9-11 through various different rpms. The boost pressure is also reading negative and when I get on the throttle it doesn't seem to climb out of negative boost readings. Does this seem like it could be a vacuum problem or maybe an injector or valve issue?

I searched around a bit and couldn't really find anything definitive. This had happened to me about 4 months ago too when at wot when I was on my way home. By the time I got home the problem seemed to had corrected itself and had started running normal again. I pulled the codes then, and they were the same as the ones I am now having. It drove perfectly fine up until a couple of days ago. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!