Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint update

Thought I would post this.
For approximately 6 weeks I went back and forth with my dealer to fix the rusting roof and hood. They eventually took my car in.
Yesterday I was notified that my car was done- this was another 7 weeks in the body shop. I go to get my car and they haven’t even touched the roof. They only replaced my hood. I refused to take the car and spoke with the service manager. He apologized and said that he would personally follow up.
I guess the good news is that they will take care of it, but the timeframe is a bit ridiculous.
Just me ranting here.
I’m a mid 40 year old male and have had a number of cars over the years. This goes to show how Ford dealerships are underperforming.

Another example my brother just picked up his new Raptor (different dealership) and the glove box was broken and the paint had a 9” crease on the front. How can they sell a $100k truck without going through a basic inspection?

Anyone have a similar experience.

LostInTransit

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
This one of many reasons we'll never take out 2020 Connect to a dealership ever again.. First they refused to service the van but when they took the van into the shop 6 hours later, they still didn't do anything. Fortunately I was able to locate a performance shop that specialize in the Connect because they have a contract with local government to service they vans.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
My dealer has been good, University Ford in Chapel Hill NC . When my Sync 3 screen went wonky after a failed Wi-Fi update, I got an error message saying bad installation file. I took it in, because it was still on warranty, and they had to do a fair amount of diagnostics to get Ford to approve a warranty repair, but then they replaced the screen system which I believe is called an APIM on warranty, which probably saved me a thousand bucks or more. They did a neat job and didn't mess up my dashboard at all which I was concerned about.
I haven't had any paint issues, my car is kept in a garage and rarely driven in the rain, and now I'm off warranty so if I did have issues like that I would probably just go to a body shop.

Last edited: