Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wind noise after warranty door paint work

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Long shot on this one. Dealer replaced 2 more doors for the dreaded paint bubbling. Looks great but noticed a very specific new wind noise above 40mph from the driver door. Checked door seals, window seems to be in correctly. I know there's a gasket for the mirror harness inside the door hesitating to take the card off for now. I noticed something odd with both rear doors weather strip at base of window.

It looks like they should be installed about an inch forward. You can notice the dirt stain from where it sat and it overlaps in the rear by the same amount. Both rear doors are like this.

May not be related to the wind noise in my driver door. Wondering if someone can look at theirs to see if it's oriented like mine.

I don't want to take it back to ford, I don't want them to touch it again and make something else go wrong.

Attachments

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #3
Perfect! Thanks man. It looks like the morons that reassembled the doors, did it wrong or maybe just got the left and right sides mixed up.

Clear difference and yours is obviously the correct way.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #5
Screenshot_20230127-101759_Gmail.jpg
I grabbed 4 new exteriors and 2 of the inner piece just in case they borked those ones up too. In case anyone else is looking to replace their door window weatherstripping this will have some info

Attachments

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Perfect! Thanks man. It looks like the morons that reassembled the doors, did it wrong or maybe just got the left and right sides mixed up.

Clear difference and yours is obviously the correct way.
You’d think that ford would be able to correctly fix their own product lol. This just confirms my lack of trust in other people working on my car. I’m glad it’s not too bad to fix yourself