Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint-

Is there any kind of extended paint warranty? I have blistering paint and red rust all around the radio antenna. Clearly a defect in material or workmanship, because no car should EVER develop rust in the middle of the roof! And I vaguely remember hearing about some manufacturer's paint woes and extended warranties- but I don't remember who. Please tell me that was ford...

I'd like to know before I go storming up there.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there any kind of extended paint warranty? I have blistering paint and red rust all around the radio antenna. Clearly a defect in material or workmanship, because no car should EVER develop rust in the middle of the roof! And I vaguely remember hearing about some manufacturer's paint woes and extended warranties- but I don't remember who. Please tell me that was ford...

I'd like to know before I go storming up there.
Absolutely NOT* If your under 3yr 36k you can try with a dealer or your purchasing dealer and see what they say* Good luck

I had bubbling and flaking paint around the antenna.....the dealer had the entire roof repainted, but I was still within the warranty period!!! I left it for just over a week. They were cool and even gave me a loaner car, I didn't have to demand anything! I think I was pretty lucky compared to some.

I'm headed to the dealership later today to take pictures of the bubbling around my antenna. The service rep said that it is within 5 years of purchase so it should be covered, but will have to wait to hear back from Ford.

corrosion perforation is 5yrs/unlimited warranty so that service rep is correct

1685549970585.png

edit: i bought my Fiesta ST new in late 2019 so i would be covered. for those who bought their FiSTs before June 2018 you might be SOL.

Just got home- they took pictures and admitted that this is pretty common on most Fords. I should hear back within 72 hours. They said that I'd drop the car off and they would have a loaner when they take my car in. He did admit that they're about a month backed up.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The roof/antenna bubbling is not as costly or involved as the must replace the whole; doors, hatch, and hood when those start corroding, so they are more inclined to approve that within the warranty period.

They did mine twice (due to many paint bubbles/dirt specs/fisheyes from the dealer shop's body shop work the first time) with no qualms.