Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Picked up the car yesterday and got Snowies on it today..

Perry

Thx, STooge. Guess I shoulda realized that with it being the same part no. as the stock spare there shouldn't be an issue. Duh! I think I'm gonna end up with the exact same outfit you got. Price is going to dictate a fair amount, as there's no way of doing it on the cheap. One local garage actually charges $100/wheel to do the TPMS sensors and setup. Anyway, looks as if I'll get 'em delivered to the house and swap 'em myself.

OP
STooge

STooge

Thread Starter #23
Good deal man, myself and Froctor both opted out of the TPMS. The light comes on but I have never owned a car with it before so I Don't think it is 100% necessary. Someone else pointed out that if you leave the stock ones in the garage near your car and you do not drive more than 20 min continuously, the light won't come on anyway, it recognizes the stock ones while it is parked and doesnt warn you for a while.

Perry

Interesting about the TPMS. Have now had a couple of techs suggest just that--tolerating the light, so to speak, instead of paying ridiculous fees to have an idiot light tell me what I should be noticing myself. That said, I gotta admit I hate dash lights that stay on forever. But, for $400, I can put some electrician's tape over it.

OP
STooge

STooge

Thread Starter #25
Interesting about the TPMS. Have now had a couple of techs suggest just that--tolerating the light, so to speak, instead of paying ridiculous fees to have an idiot light tell me what I should be noticing myself. That said, I gotta admit I hate dash lights that stay on forever. But, for $400, I can put some electrician's tape over it.
That is some expensive tape haha [biggrin]. Yeah I understand the light thing, it bugs me too but Its only for winter then the others go back on, maybe next winter I will splurge and buy some sensor. But for now the light is no problem.

Perry

Well, I ordered my setup from Tire Rack. Decided to vary the theme a little, though, going with Sport Edition SE 16 wheels (closeouts, $69/wh) and Pirelli Winter Carve tires 185/60/15, with $70 rebate. Locals could not/would not get anywhere close to TR pricing for a reasonable setup. Also decided to go with TPMS as part of long-term plan. I'll be swapping wheels next week, looking forward to swap back in a couple-three months.

Well, I ordered my setup from Tire Rack. Decided to vary the theme a little, though, going with Sport Edition SE 16 wheels (closeouts, $69/wh) and Pirelli Winter Carve tires 185/60/15, with $70 rebate. Locals could not/would not get anywhere close to TR pricing for a reasonable setup. Also decided to go with TPMS as part of long-term plan. I'll be swapping wheels next week, looking forward to swap back in a couple-three months.
I am between those and the MSW Type 19, I like the 5 spoke wheels a little better and they should be easier to clean than the SE. Would love to see pics when you get them on the car.

Perry

_V_--

Once I get 'em on board, I'll post a pic or two. I gave some thought to exactly what you mention, but decided I liked the look of the SE 16.

BTW, if you've got questions or issues and need to call Tire Rack, I spoke with a tech/rep named Hunter, X4744, who did a great job helping me. Dunno if you can ask for him, but there it is, FWIW.

My wheels should arrive Tuesday; looking forward to doing the swap that evening.

_V_--

Once I get 'em on board, I'll post a pic or two. I gave some thought to exactly what you mention, but decided I liked the look of the SE 16.

BTW, if you've got questions or issues and need to call Tire Rack, I spoke with a tech/rep named Hunter, X4744, who did a great job helping me. Dunno if you can ask for him, but there it is, FWIW.

My wheels should arrive Tuesday; looking forward to doing the swap that evening.
Thanks for the info!