Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Piercemotorsports Fiesta ST Rear Torsion Bar!

Trader history for Piercemotorsports (0)

OP
P
Thread Starter #22
Actually Dave has the STREET Version brace on his, but runs it in conjunction. Stiffening the chassis and stiffening the twist beam have a different effect/different dynamics. The torsion bar will effect the roll couple/and rear suspension compliability/it's effectiveness to absorb bumps independently. I know it wont have a negative effect on ride quality over say speed bumps at slow speeds, but say potholes where one wheel drops it'll definitely be a lot firmer. Again I'd recommend the STREET Version for those folks doing daily driving/occasionally enjoy a spirited canyon run, and the RACE version for guys/gals that like to track/autoX/compete.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Very excited for this product! So happy to not have jumped the gun on an inferior bar and to wait for PM quality!!

kevinatfms

Any ETA on this piece? Looking to buy both front 2 point and rear TB for a package deal if possible.

OP
P
Thread Starter #26
Any ETA on this piece? Looking to buy both front 2 point and rear TB for a package deal if possible.
The prebuy sale on the piece ends in a few days-PM me your paypal info and I'll get an invoice off to you---there's also free shipping on the Torsion so we can ship the 2 point as well for some additional savings! We should have Torsion bars going into production in a couple of weeks!

Chris G

Jim, any chance you guys have the strut tower brace in stock? I'll be up in your area next weekend and may be interested in swinging by to check out your shop on Friday

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Jim, any chance you guys have the strut tower brace in stock? I'll be up in your area next weekend and may be interested in swinging by to check out your shop on Friday
I ordered my torsion bar and strut bar together also, so I'd like to know this also.

OP
P
Thread Starter #29
I do have the strut bars in stock---I believe we're scheduled to test on Friday, but quite a bit of work needs to be done first so let's check in next week.

Chris G

I don't mind if the torsion beam is not ready. Figured maybe I could get the strut bar if you have em.

OP
P
Thread Starter #31
Sure-torsion bars definitely wont be ready for a few weeks, and even if I'm not here you can pick up the strut bar from the guys. I've been working on a Volvo program for quite a while---and I've actually caught the bug and built an old BTCC Replica of the Volvo 850 Wagon! Car is amazing, we had our first test day last Friday and went 1:37 at Willow Springs in traffic on street tires, stock boost/12lbs and massive amounts of tire rub---it was just so much fun spinning the wagon through 8 around the outside of Porsche Spec Boxters!

On that note---we're also having a track day OCTOBER 8TH at Willow Springs---I'll make another thread, but it's on sale for $160 through Labor Day---it's a private day/I've rented the track and we're expecting a very low car count---6-7 sessions until we open the track up at the end of the day! Probably 3-4 hours of track time!!! More than a year with groups like extreme speed or Speed Ventures in one day! You can enter here through my race series---under the Round 5 event if interested---we have probably 13 Veloster's running, a couple of FIST's already, and some Volvo/Porsche cars as well---everyone's welcome and we provide coaching/classroom sessions and then one on one instruction!
http://www.velosterchallenge.com/competitors.html

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Sure-torsion bars definitely wont be ready for a few weeks, and even if I'm not here you can pick up the strut bar from the guys. I've been working on a Volvo program for quite a while---and I've actually caught the bug and built an old BTCC Replica of the Volvo 850 Wagon! Car is amazing, we had our first test day last Friday and went 1:37 at Willow Springs in traffic on street tires, stock boost/12lbs and massive amounts of tire rub---it was just so much fun spinning the wagon through 8 around the outside of Porsche Spec Boxters!

On that note---we're also having a track day OCTOBER 8TH at Willow Springs---I'll make another thread, but it's on sale for $160 through Labor Day---it's a private day/I've rented the track and we're expecting a very low car count---6-7 sessions until we open the track up at the end of the day! Probably 3-4 hours of track time!!! More than a year with groups like extreme speed or Speed Ventures in one day! You can enter here through my race series---under the Round 5 event if interested---we have probably 13 Veloster's running, a couple of FIST's already, and some Volvo/Porsche cars as well---everyone's welcome and we provide coaching/classroom sessions and then one on one instruction!
http://www.velosterchallenge.com/competitors.html
What's on sale for 160? The strut bar? I just bought mine! Grrrr

Chris G

Jim - I'll shoot you an email to get more info on the STB. Thank you. Now back to your regularly scheduled discussions regarding the rear torsion brace. [emoji3]

OP
P
Thread Starter #38
We've ordered material, the pins, and the delrin bushings---the machine work on the pins/inserts will likely take the longest as we outsource it. They told us middle of the month, so I'd say we should be able to start fabbing shortly after that---my powdercoater's pretty quick so we should have something to ship this month.