Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

POLL: What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

• COBB Tuning

Votes: 138 23.8%
  • Mountune

Votes: 85 14.7%
  • Tune+

Votes: 58 10.0%
  • Stratified Automotive Controls

Votes: 132 22.8%
  • DeadHook Motorsports

Votes: 23 4.0%
  • Livernois Motorsports

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Oz Tuning

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • "Self-Tuned" w/ COBB ATR

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • PD Tuning

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Dizzy Tuning

Votes: 115 19.9%

• Total voters

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Does the eco make a big difference? The car is reading 29mpg on E30. Not bad considering winter gas.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
My mpg is almost never that high. Heavy right foot plus city driving I guess. I do believe it makes a difference but I don't have any numbers to back it up. Just feels like the tank lasts a bit longer.

I'm currently running the Cobb stage 1 ots tune on 91. I'm trying to decide if I should go with a Dizzy tune stage 1 or Stratified tune stage 1. Also planning on getting a mild pop/crackle tune.

I'm currently running the Cobb stage 1 ots tune on 91. I'm trying to decide if I should go with a Dizzy tune stage 1 or Stratified tune stage 1. Also planning on getting a mild pop/crackle tune.
Get both! That's what I did and I flip flop between them. If I had to pick one or the other I would probably go with Dizzy.

For all of you tuned people how safe is OTS on a stock Fist? My warranty is still good for 3 years and another 120 thousand miles. Don't want to risk voiding it if the engine is likely to grenade. Just wondering about chance of failure so I can make an informed decision. Has anyone had or heard of issues?

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
For all of you tuned people how safe is OTS on a stock Fist? My warranty is still good for 3 years and another 120 thousand miles. Don't want to risk voiding it if the engine is likely to grenade. Just wondering about chance of failure so I can make an informed decision. Has anyone had or heard of issues?
So I'm about 3k+ miles with the Cobb Stage 1 91 Octane OTS tune, and I have had not a single problem thus far.

The engines are very reliable but you are always at risk if you mod. Keep in mind that claims won't absolutely be denied for mods, but if you're that worried than its best to leave it stock.

The engines are very reliable but you are always at risk if you mod. Keep in mind that claims won't absolutely be denied for mods, but if you're that worried than its best to leave it stock.
I have to agree. You shouldn't start modifying ur car unless ur ok with dropping some money in a motor build or replacement.

awe bullchit, you use a known tune and accurately list mods you aren't gonna lose your engine, mine has had two different mountune set ups, switched to a hybrid with less than 5k on it. now has 27k.
....however i have a huge intercooler on it, a decent tune and you dont hear me bragging that hybrids give 300 whp either.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
awe bullchit, you use a known tune and accurately list mods you aren't gonna lose your engine, mine has had two different mountune set ups, switched to a hybrid with less than 5k on it. now has 27k.
....however i have a huge intercooler on it, a decent tune and you dont hear me bragging that hybrids give 300 whp either.
It's not a certainty that you won't blow up an engine when you modify your car. It has happened to guys with no modifications (but they have the advantage of still having their warranties). You should always be prepared to pay for an engine when you modify; I completely agree with @Mrazik . The advantage to this fiesta is that spare, low mileage, engines can be had for under $1k in some cases and is a relatively easy swap.

Also, remember, 270whp is nearly 100whp over stock. You are really eating into the factor of safety of any engine at that sort of power level.

HBEcoBeaST

I'm still running my stratified v1 E30 tune. Been at least 50,000-60,000 very fun miles on the tune. Zero check engine lights only issue is the stuttering after filling up (tried everything replacing purge valve cured it for 1 year).

Our little drivetrains are built just as strong as the focus st which puts down much more power. Biggest issue in high power applications is detonation and cylinders warping due to overboost or fueling issues. Luckily the rest of the motor, tranny, clutch and drive axles are very strong. Our platform isn't known for throwing rods or eating transmissions.

If you're afraid for warranty, don't tune. If you're afraid you're going to blow the motor, don't be. A canned tune from a name brand tuner is very safe.

Those going for every last HP on a hybrid are much more likely to break things since they're pushing for 100% capacity of the turbo. Even then failures aren't nearly as common as any other platform I've worked with (minus my invincible gen1 tundra).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

hey, i am local to you, been running a AP with a Stratified tune for 3 years. At 65k km's now and the car is very happy. I would actually run a Strat or Dizzy tune instead of the OTS Cobb map honestly for safety and driveability.

Just re-mapped to Dizzy Stage 2 V2 93 and letting the ECU learn a bit . But , definitely wants to bark the tires a bit more touchy .... ( not a bad thing ) but definitely a more aggressive tune than my other go to ..... COBB Stage 2 .

Dizzy has more pronounced torque ( pull ) and actually like the COBB a little better around town . So I am gonna be doing so switching as needed. Have the Dizzy E30 but have yet to run it. Hoping to see if Dizzy will Smooth out over some miles.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Just re-mapped to Dizzy Stage 2 V2 93 and letting the ECU learn a bit . But , definitely wants to bark the tires a bit more touchy .... ( not a bad thing ) but definitely a more aggressive tune than my other go to ..... COBB Stage 2 .

Dizzy has more pronounced torque ( pull ) and actually like the COBB a little better around town . So I am gonna be doing so switching as needed. Have the Dizzy E30 but have yet to run it. Hoping to see if Dizzy will Smooth out over some miles.
My Dizzy stage 2 93 smoothed out after a few days of driving. Didnt take long at all. Initially would get a secondary surge at about 3k. It def smoothed more linear. Didn't take long at all.