Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Poor gas mileage

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm going to give you a suggestion you have an engine that has some miles on it your fuel injectors are probably not flowing as good as they could. I definitely recommend using a high quality fuel injector cleaner.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
It must be a specific DI injector cleaner as they are formulated to clean the injector tips unlike others who base the cleaning off coming through the intake valve. This is one good example....it recommended that you use two bottles per cleaning over two tanks of gas....one in each tank at fill up.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It must be a specific DI injector cleaner as they are formulated to clean the injector tips unlike others who base the cleaning off coming through the intake valve. This is one good example....it recommended that you use two bottles per cleaning over two tanks of gas....one in each tank at fill up.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

my personal belief that's nothing but marketing bullshit.

if you think I trust that brand over Chevron no way.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
We are just going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

my personal belief that's nothing but marketing bullshit.

But if you havev 4 port Aux fuel then it's a double whammy!

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, I say just use the Techron, Red Line SI-1, Gumout Regane, or Amsoil PI, since they do contain the most PEA (PolyEtherAmine), the best 'solvent' to clean up injectors.
The stuff posted above could also have a high concentration of this substance as well, but who knows for sure. [dunno]

PunkST

2000 Post Club
:oops: I am not sure if I was just looking at the average MPH instead of MPG the whole time...
Is it just me or is that the dumbest gauge ever? Ferd should have put boost pressure there. Or something useful.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Just kind of the norm now.
Mazda, Ford, Hyundai, Genesis
All the different vehicles I take care of have the instant MPG.

Sam4

I make sure I follow the shift arrow's advice and go to a higher gear whenever it lights up. My gas mileage is.........actually pretty good FOR A FUCKING TURBO! Fuel Mileage? Are you KIDDING ME???? 100 MPH extended on the PA turnpike still in the high 20mpg's.

I have that poor gas mileage problem to I only 25.2 miles per gallon I do drive 80 to 85 miles an hour every morning before work Monday through Friday but on the weekends I chill drive like I don't go past 85 I stay around 70 75 miles per hour. I bought this car at 58,000 miles less than a year ago, it was shipped from California. When I put the first tank of 93 octane in this car and filled it up the mile per gallon gauge went to 300 miles to empty and for a couple of days I was making 26 to 29 miles per gallon. After the first month I couldn't get over 26 miles per gallon then after that it just stayed in 25 miles per gallon. I have put in new spark plugs I change my oil every 3,000 or 4,000 miles. I haven't had the car for a year yet but I always see people on YouTube saying that they're getting the good numbers 29 to 32 miles a gallon.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
It really comes down to how hard you accelerate. If you do what feels fun because of the torquey engine, you're going to get mileage in the 20's. If you drive normally with only occasional bursts of acceleration, you're going to end up around 30 overall. And if you drive gently and use the cruise control on highway driving (on typical 70 mph speed limit roads) you'll probably get a little over 32 mpg. When you consider the EPA rating is 25 city, 32 highway, 28 combined, it looks like everyone in this thread is getting what you would expect.