Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Possible Dashboard Material Issue

I am curious to know if the portion of the dash closest to the windshield has become a bit sticky/ tacky for anyone. The car is a 2019 so I’d be surprised if the sun damaged it so quickly. A windshield cover is the very near future but are there any other possible causes or remedies?

I am curious to know if the portion of the dash closest to the windshield has become a bit sticky/ tacky for anyone. The car is a 2019 so I’d be surprised if the sun damaged it so quickly. A windshield cover is the very near future but are there any other possible causes or remedies?
My 2017 has not. Have you tried cleaning it using something like 303 Aerospace? Possible that something the dealer used to clean the windshield or treat the dash has left residue?

It's a hard plastic and not soft touch or rubberized, so I wouldn't think it would go sticky unless a foreign substance is introduced.

OP
MisanthropiST
Thread Starter #5
My 2017 has not. Have you tried cleaning it using something like 303 Aerospace? Possible that something the dealer used to clean the windshield or treat the dash has left residue?

It's a hard plastic and not soft touch or rubberized, so I wouldn't think it would go sticky unless a foreign substance is introduced.
That could be possible and I suppose that would be a good place to start. It just seems tacky in a bad way like those finicky Lexus dashes used to be. If it won’t clean then warranty is worth a shot. It will at least be amusing to get the dealer excuse of why it’s normal wear and tear lol

That could be possible and I suppose that would be a good place to start. It just seems tacky in a bad way like those finicky Lexus dashes used to be. If it won’t clean then warranty is worth a shot. It will at least be amusing to get the dealer excuse of why it’s normal wear and tear lol
If you get out of Savannah and up in N Georgia, let me know. We can take a look at it and try to clean it up.

Noticed my dust was not wiping off and the dash was tacky. I started cleaning it with a wet lint free rag and it seems to be getting better or less tacky. Did yours clean up?

Just a strange theory, but have you been keeping Purell hand sanitizer in your car during the hot summer heat? I'm wondering if its evaporating and settling on the dash.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Noticed my dust was not wiping off and the dash was tacky. I started cleaning it with a wet lint free rag and it seems to be getting better or less tacky. Did yours clean up?

Just a strange theory, but have you been keeping Purell hand sanitizer in your car during the hot summer heat? I'm wondering if its evaporating and settling on the dash.
No its the type of plastic venting in the HOT sun. If you use certain cleaners it magnifies/ amplifies this and you get what is happening to you now. Its due to the type of "eco--friendly" polymers they are using now.

OP
MisanthropiST
Thread Starter #9
Ok I do keep sanitizer in my car so interesting theory. The plastic goes back to normal smoothness overnight so that makes sense as well, Typhoon. Ordered a custom fit sun shade

The a-pillar trim in my 19' is sticky. The interior has only been cleaned out with a damp microfiber cloth, with Meguiar's quick interior detailer a few times. I live in a climate where it has been getting over 100F lately...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No its the type of plastic venting in the HOT sun. If you use certain cleaners it magnifies/ amplifies this and you get what is happening to you now. Its due to the type of "eco--friendly" polymers they are using now.
Again....ill reiterate this*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I typically dust with a microfiber towel, no chemicals. If I use anything, it's 303 Protectant. The upper portion of mine was sticky when I was dusting it last. So I tested P&S Xpress Interior to clean it. Sprayed the dash, cleaned with microfiber, and a good bit of residue was present on the towel. After cleaning, the stickiness was gone and the dash looks great.

This was my first time using their interior cleaner. Did a really nice job and left everything clean, not sticky, not shiny. Just clean. Picked it up from Obsessed Garage based on Matt's recommendation.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Old thread, but I cleaned the windshield this weekend and found the far portion of the dash was sticky. Ours is a 2019 also. Wonder if trying to clean it makes sense or taking it to dealer as we have 1 week left on warranty.