Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Possible out of round....pro race 1.2 :/

LT Berzerker

Herro all, just had my used stock tires dropped onto some pro race 1.2 17x8...

Talked to the shop and they said one of the wheels took a bit more weight than they like... 3.5oz and thought the wheel may be out of round...

Looking for any feedback you guys might have in regards to this as a possible issue with balancing TD PR 1.2s.

Or if you had a lot of weight added when balancing wheels :)

If they are doing this with the tires mounted then it doesn't really mean anything... Everyone I use would have dismounted the tire and checked the wheel alone to determine where the issue is (tires are contributors as well). Marking the wheel and tire then remounting with heavier part of the tire moved 180 degrees (if the wheel is found to be in better specs) to balance the set better.

OP
LT Berzerker

LT Berzerker

Thread Starter #3
Well all that worry and posting for nothing it appears it was the tire not the rim after speaking with him he moved around the tirea couple of times to get more than an ounce of balancing weight off of it

koozy

3000 Post Club
generally the yellow dot on the sidewall of the tire is where to place it in alignment with the valve stem to use the least amount of weight when balancing. most shops don't do it, because it takes time and most consumers are unaware of the yellow dot and it's purpose.

OP
LT Berzerker

LT Berzerker

Thread Starter #5
Yep, great little speed shop though... I'll start another thread later about my experience there

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
generally the yellow dot on the sidewall of the tire is where to place it in alignment with the valve stem to use the least amount of weight when balancing. most shops don't do it, because it takes time and most consumers are unaware of the yellow dot and it's purpose.
Exactly.

I had the same issue with a new Pro Race 1.2. This was done with the tire on and the dot is not near the steam or weights. Think I'll have it checked again. Good post Thank You.

Off topic, but...
What is the red dot for?

koozy

3000 Post Club
Best to refer to the tire manufacturer, but generally...

- The yellow dot indicates the lightest balance point of the tire.

- The red dot indicates where the centrifugal force is pulling away from the wheel the most.