Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Post a picture of your Fiesta ST as it sits right now!

Looks amazing...did you have to actually remove the parts? What product did you use? Any pointers/tips for installation?...thanks.
Thanks! It was my first time working with something like a carbon wrap. It didn't turn out too badly, even though in retrospect there were certainly things I could have done better. It was a bored afternoon project, mostly, but I likes it I do.

The product is from 3m's 1080 line, glossy weave. A local vinyl shop had some end-of-the-roll stuff that was useless to them and I picked it up cheap.

Tips. Well, definitely remove your parts and work them separately. Doing any of what you see attached to the car would have been another layer of unneeded complexity.

The front door handles just pulled right off with a fingernail or two under the edge.

The radio bezel required the Sync cowl to come off first (just yank it back and slightly up from the dash and it will let go). After that, a couple bolts holding the radio bezel on. Once the bezel was removed, pulled the vents out by removing the screws holding them in and *carefully* moving the retaining tabs. A good tap from the butt end of a screw driver pushed the retaining tabs for the radio control out and once that was out of the way, removed the light for the airbag by taking the screws out.

The airbag. Oy vey. Disconnected the battery, and looked up "remove fiesta ST airbag" on google, found the instructions, and did those instructions. No major surgery, it was just three springs pushed aside from the access holes on the side of the steering wheel. Best to look up the procedure though. Since I did not disconnect the bag itself, choosing instead to just lay it aside, it was not a dog and pony show. Once the bag was freed, backed the screws out that hold the chrome in, disconnected the switches, and removed the switches.

Tips for working with the product.

Leave the stuff laid out flat in the sun for a half hour to get it nice and workable.

CLEAN THE SURFACE IT IS SUPPOSED TO GO ON. Oh god. I had armorall left on the upper edges of the door handle skins and under the radio bezel and the carbon would not stick for it's life.

Keep a hairdryer handy but beware. Once you heat the stuff up once it tends to form and will not take a second heating very well. You have to be pretty fluid and ambidextrous when working the stuff.

Other than that, buy some extra in case you, like me, end up having to start from zero a few times because you melt/tear/misjudge size/don't have your workpiece cleaned.

I'm just so happy that the giant chrome mirror in the wheel is now not a giant chrome mirror.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I like the bumper treatment, I have been looking for insets, ovals or triangles to use with rounded inlets for better flow but have not found any, I am sure your setup will help a great deal, more drag, just dial in more power as needed.....

"Hey Little brother"

"Yeah?"

"Does this garage make my butt look big?"

"I plead the fifth"

--

I had to step into a larger vehicle for road trips and daily commute, and the SHO fits like a glove. I regret nothing. The ST lives on as my weekend pupper.

I liked the honeycomb after doing the driver side so the passenger side is all honeycomb:

I love the asymmetry but I'm sure it rubs some people the wrong way hah.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
lol at the overspray all over the brakes. I hope its just plastidip and not spray paint.

Hahah it's just plasti dip blaze so I wasn't worried about the rotors. I'm sure all that crud is long gone by now. The over spray on the driveway is a whole different story...oops.

I have pics of the whole process and once I finish some other projects I'll make a build thread so everyone can see how easy and awesome this stuff is.