Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Power loss after installing COBB stage 1!?!?

So I usually race my brothers 2013 si as a benchmark to see what improvements my car has made. Usually by the time I hit 100 he's in my rear view mirror but today I raced him with my tune and to my surprise he was in front of me! Does the tune move all of my power to 100+ mph or what happened? I raced him 3 times to see if it was a fluke and it wasn't. Any incite would be greatly appreciated.

iso100

1000 Post Club
No, you should have had better performance. Verify that you installed the right map for your octane and that you didn't install a valet map.

iso100

1000 Post Club
And you're certain that you have 91 octane fuel? I would pull up some sensors on the AP to monitor timing, octane adj, estimated tq, etc and logging a run.

That and/or your ECU hasn't completely relearned the new map, yet. I know when I installed mine, it took 2-3 days before it felt right. Runs like a scalded dog, now! ;)

OP
I
Thread Starter #6
That and/or your ECU hasn't completely relearned the new map, yet. I know when I installed mine, it took 2-3 days before it felt right. Runs like a scalded dog, now! ;)
I'm positive. I'm getting all of the linear throttle and blah blah. When I gun it I usually end up around 219-229 torque and by the time I have to shift it goes down to about 170 with a random spike at 250 once or twice. My boost usually stays at 18,19 psi and a random spike it shows me of 62!? Idk if that's the accessport messing up but when I'm looking at the max/min my max has said 62 several times. Idk what's going on. That's why I thought I would put it here. For help lol. I refuse to believe that because the Ecu needs a few days to properly learn the car that that the civic beat me period when I beat him on the regular by the time I hit 100.

OP
I
Thread Starter #7
And you're certain that you have 91 octane fuel? I would pull up some sensors on the AP to monitor timing, octane adj, estimated tq, etc and logging a run.
Lol I don't play the not putting 91 gas in my car lol. I always put the best I possibly can. Which is 91 in California

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
shouldnt the ecu do a relearn once the map is installed?
is their a way to reset the learning?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Is this the first time you flashed the car to this map ? is will take a little bit for the car ecu to relearn and the car will feel crappy till it does maybe a day or at most 50-100 miles (less if I recall) On the AP what is your Octane Learn Ratio ? should be -1 for best perf.

After you do a reflash, to get full performance you need to verify your Octane Adjustment Ratio Learned (OAR) is at -1. Sometimes after a flash, it will be at 0, and you won't get all the performance (timing wise) until it is at -1.00. I pull up OAR, Cylinder 1 Timing Correction, and Boost as monitors on my AP, get on the freeway in 6th gear, and then give the car partial throttle so timing advances a small amount and boost pressure is positive a little bit to create load. Do this for a little bit, then lioft throttle and see the OAR move closer to -1.00 and repeat as necessary.

Ian

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
After you do a reflash, to get full performance you need to verify your Octane Adjustment Ratio Learned (OAR) is at -1. Sometimes after a flash, it will be at 0, and you won't get all the performance (timing wise) until it is at -1.00. I pull up OAR, Cylinder 1 Timing Correction, and Boost as monitors on my AP, get on the freeway in 6th gear, and then give the car partial throttle so timing advances a small amount and boost pressure is positive a little bit to create load. Do this for a little bit, then lioft throttle and see the OAR move closer to -1.00 and repeat as necessary.

Ian
OAR thats what I meant to type LOL Thanks Ian and i can say it won't take long getting to -1 if needed

OP
I
Thread Starter #12

Ian
Thank you Ian!!!

This is my next question, if it isn't at -1 what do I do to adjust it? I've already driven over 200-300 miles on the newly flashed tune. Thank you for the input everyone! Proud to be part of a very generous group of enthusiasts.

OP
I
Thread Starter #13
My OAR is already at -1. What is the cylinder correction for? I can't even find it on my ap. What is it under. And what should my cylinder one read?

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
My OAR is already at -1. What is the cylinder correction for? I can't even find it on my ap. What is it under. And what should my cylinder one read?
"Timing Corr Cyl 1-4" should be the name under gauges.

If you are having a hard time hit me up on fb chat and i'll walk you thru it later tonight or this week.

Im kinda in the same boat, it doesnt feel much different i reflashed it 2 days ago Im gonna do a drive and datalog and see whats up. Any advice would be great.

Also, if your boost is only 18-19, check your clamps. Tightening those bastards will make a difference

iso100

1000 Post Club
The ECU won't request 21psi unless it's needed. If it's nice and cool out it will stay below 20.

Its the middle of the summer..... it isn't nice and cool. Anytime I get on it, I see 21psi. If he is only showing 18-19psi at peak, that isn't quite right