Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

pro tune or stratified?

Hey guys new member here living in the great white north ( like middle canada ) , ive had my Fist for about 5 years now and am finally getting around to getting it tuned ( I've called everyone from canada to california, everyone says I shouldn't have any problems at all despite my high mileage, yes those long distance bills hurt lol ) I was genuinely curious what the best route would be.

I know stratified and the custom data logging they do is EXTREMELY popular as well as dizzy tuning but ive recently come across another 2 options, revo stage 2 software is available to me here as I have a local authorized dealer however it will cost me about $850 to have it installed. Another option would be to find someone with a dyno whos willing to tune my car ( few and far between, damned Subie owners saturating the market ) or should I go with strstified custom data logging?

Believe it or not stratified would cost me approximately $1100 after shipping so im instantly attracted to saving money with the revo software. However unlike stratified I dont believe revo offers any revisions, its pretty much install it and on youre way ( I could be wrong tho, the shop quoted me 8 hours to do an intercooler change so I'm not sure if I trust him ). The reason I'm considering a dyno is because I wouldnt need the accesport and it would be a tune specifically tailored to my car and would be physically tuned as opposed to over emails if you catch my drift.

I'm just genuinely mixed as to which route I should go as everything is ludicrously expensive after the exchange rate so I almost wonder if going locally would be the all around better option. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Mods include:
Injen CAI
MBRP 3" catbacm exhaust
2J racing full race DP

Upcoming mods:
Whoosh v1 intercooler
Tune?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stock Turbo? If so DONT DO A PROTUNE, Its a waste....just get an AP3 jst like JDG said and get a Flash tune from Stratified. Way way cheaper with dang near same results! If you have access to e-85 I highly suggest the e30 tune. It really wakes the car up for a Stock Snail! FYI...Good luck!

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Read the forum. Revo is garbage. Purchase a Cobb access-port and get a Stratified flash tune designed for your modifications. If you want to buy your access-port brand new from them, it's $550 USD ($725 CAD) with the tune: http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_121&products_id=300

No idea where you came up with $1100.
10-4 on revo 😂

Man I'm genuinely confused by stratifieds website. I figured the flash tunes are like Cobbs OTS tunes and I've mixed reviews, i know the accesport is only $725 cad but with the custom data logging ( which i thought was required ) its $775 usd before shipping taxes and conversion, so rough estimate being $1100 cad.

So what youre saying is just buy the accesport from stratified and have them flash tune it for my mods? What entails a flash tune? Is there any data logging / check ups on it to make sure its actually running well type deal?

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Stock Turbo? If so DONT DO A PROTUNE, Its a waste....just get an AP3 jst like JDG said and get a Flash tune from Stratified. Way way cheaper with dang near same results! If you have access to e-85 I highly suggest the e30 tune. It really wakes the car up for a Stock Snail! FYI...Good luck!

Okay, pro tune and revo are a no go looks like stratified is the winner hahaha.

Good luck.... sarcasm or do you honestly think ill have an issue? Be honest im new to tuning/ modding a car as this is only my second car, my first being an 01 ranger lol

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
10-4 on revo 😂

Man I'm genuinely confused by stratifieds website. I figured the flash tunes are like Cobbs OTS tunes and I've mixed reviews, i know the accesport is only $725 cad but with the custom data logging ( which i thought was required ) its $775 usd before shipping taxes and conversion, so rough estimate being $1100 cad.

So what youre saying is just buy the accesport from stratified and have them flash tune it for my mods? What entails a flash tune? Is there any data logging / check ups on it to make sure its actually running well type deal?
With stratified you can buy an accessport and tune (not custom) for $550 USD I believe. That tune does not require datalogs, but they may offer a free revision on the tune (not sure though) which would require a datalog. The tuning proceed itself is very easy for the end user, us.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I purchased a Stratified tune over e-mail. I purchased a used Accessport and loaded the email tune on it via a laptop.

I think my tune was like $75? I had similar mods to yours and it really woke the car up. Just loaded it onto the car and never had a revision since I never had any issues.

I might pay for a revised tune since I’ve changed some parts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
I purchased a Stratified tune over e-mail. I purchased a used Accessport and loaded the email tune on it via a laptop.

I think my tune was like $75? I had similar mods to yours and it really woke the car up. Just loaded it onto the car and never had a revision since I never had any issues.

I might pay for a revised tune since I’ve changed some parts...

Okay perfect thats more then likely the route I will be going then. Out of curiosity, does anyone run it without the crackles and pops? If so do you still get the occasional crackle and pop ? I know that sounds like a stupid question but mine like burbles on decel and I get the occasional pop, wouldnt mind if it did it naturally as opposed to getting it on the tune, however I'm not against the crackles and pops tune thats for sure

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Okay perfect thats more then likely the route I will be going then. Out of curiosity, does anyone run it without the crackles and pops? If so do you still get the occasional crackle and pop ? I know that sounds like a stupid question but mine like burbles on decel and I get the occasional pop, wouldnt mind if it did it naturally as opposed to getting it on the tune, however I'm not against the crackles and pops tune thats for sure
I’m debating removing the crackles and pops on my next tune. I’m sure it would still burble and pop on deceleration, but the not as audible as if it was tuned for it. It sure adds character to the car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
With the MBRP system, a pop and crackle tune would sound like a shotgun blast, and fireworks, therefore I would be reluctant to do it on a system that loud.

Even my CP-E Nexus exhaust system has some pops, and it burbles all of the time, it even crackles on throttle closure from high revs, on the factory tune, so I am not even considering that type of tune (might as well save my factory catcon, and snail as long as possible [wink]).

OP
T
Thread Starter #11
I’m debating removing the crackles and pops on my next tune. I’m sure it would still burble and pop on deceleration, but the not as audible as if it was tuned for it. It sure adds character to the car.

Yeah it deffinately does, id just prefer one that doesn't pop every time on decel but rather only if I'm pushing the car, the crackles are always welcome tho hahaha I asked stratified and they said progressive would be the closest thing

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
With the MBRP system, a pop and crackle tune would sound like a shotgun blast, and fireworks, therefore I would be reluctant to do it on a system that loud.

Even my CP-E Nexus exhaust system has some pops, and it burbles all of the time, it even crackles on throttle closure from high revs, on the factory tune, so I am not even considering that type of tune (might as well save my factory catcon, and snail as long as possible [wink]).

Thats what im thinking too cause when my exhaust does a really good pop..... it actually scared the shit out of me first time it happened. Thats what im more hoping for is a natural pop, my car does crackle and burble all the time on decel im just hoping a tune would make it more pronounced without having to add the crackles and pops map.

Does the crackles and pops come on a separate map or is it active as long as you're tune is on youre car? I wouldnt mind being able to switch it up ( cause tunnels )

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thats what im thinking too cause when my exhaust does a really good pop..... it actually scared the shit out of me first time it happened. Thats what im more hoping for is a natural pop, my car does crackle and burble all the time on decel im just hoping a tune would make it more pronounced without having to add the crackles and pops map.

Does the crackles and pops come on a separate map or is it active as long as you're tune is on youre car? I wouldnt mind being able to switch it up ( cause tunnels )
Most tuners send 2 tunes. One with the cracks and pops and one without

There's a company in red deer called Lightspeed Innovations. When I bought my car it came with intake exhaust intercooler and a cobb ap, with a custom tune.
I tried the cobb tunes, and then the lightspeed tune. And I never went back to cobb. I've seen max 24.xx psi, and cruising on the hwy at 100 it'll do 6.xx l/100km, low 7's average with city driving.(my commute is mostly hwy)
They sell and (I believe) install parts and also have a dyno in house. Not too far from Calgary, they might be worth a call.

OP
T
Thread Starter #15
There's a company in red deer called Lightspeed Innovations. When I bought my car it came with intake exhaust intercooler and a cobb ap, with a custom tune.
I tried the cobb tunes, and then the lightspeed tune. And I never went back to cobb. I've seen max 24.xx psi, and cruising on the hwy at 100 it'll do 6.xx l/100km, low 7's average with city driving.(my commute is mostly hwy)
They sell and (I believe) install parts and also have a dyno in house. Not too far from Calgary, they might be worth a call.

Wow thats actually crazy good milage, I'm in the calgary area and I'm at 9.4l/100km overall.
I ended up going with a stratified flash tune but opted for the tune refinement ( $50 ) cause im paranoid and would rather be safe then sorry. I'm beyond looking forward to it. Their are a few dyno shops in calgary however NONE of them have a clue how to tune this engine to the point everyone flat out said nope they won't do it. I'm not gonna lie im pretty excited about my decisions

OP
T
Thread Starter #16
on that note I appreciate the input as I would of probably gotten it pro tuned and wasted my money, I'm looking forward to my tune and my new intercooler, should be interesting to see the night and day difference I keep hearing about

OP
T
Thread Starter #17

Out of curioisty how on earth did you do 4th gear pulls to redline for data logging? All the speed limits are 110km/h max in canada. Ive only ever dont a really good pull in 4th once and I was doing like 160km/h, I feel like " but officer im data logging " will not save me from the automatic court appearance I will be issued hahaha

Are 3rd to redline good enough for refinement or do you absolutely HAVE to do a 4th to redline? I could find a farm road and hope a farmer doesn't shoot me but they are far from flat roads hahaha

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Out of curioisty how on earth did you do 4th gear pulls to redline for data logging? All the speed limits are 110km/h max in canada. Ive only ever dont a really good pull in 4th once and I was doing like 160km/h, I feel like " but officer im data logging " will not save me from the automatic court appearance I will be issued hahaha

Are 3rd to redline good enough for refinement or do you absolutely HAVE to do a 4th to redline? I could find a farm road and hope a farmer doesn't shoot me but they are far from flat roads hahaha
third gear pulls should be ok but ask your tuner. If you need a 4th then find a highway late at night and don't mess it up

I bought the car already tuned. But they have a dyno in house so I'd imagine speeding tickets are not a concern.

I bought it locally but there was a dealer service in red deer on the carfax so my car spent some time in red deer in its life.