Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed Big Break kit, What wheels will fit?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
i meant why would you tell me about *even better* wheels? now i'm like "i can get real forged 16lb wheels for the Fiesta...it's only $5000 more. that's good value"
Yeah, I would not go for their (or anyone's) forged options for this car, really not worth the exorbitant $$$$$$$$$$ premium, as far as I'm concerned.

But, even Braid's cast and heat treated, or their few flow formed options are most likely stronger than the 'go to' Konig choices for this car, and I personally like them aesthetically, even more than those wheels as well. [wink]

dhminer

2000 Post Club
i meant why would you tell me about *even better* wheel company that can make 17x8 wheels in a 4x108 bolt pattern? now i'm looking through their site thinking "i can get real forged 16lb wheels for the Fiesta...it's only $5000 more. that's good value"
It is indeed a good value!

Yeah, I would not go for their (or anyone's) forged options for this car, really not worth the exorbitant $$$$$$$$$$ premium, as far as I'm concerned.

But, even Braid's cast and heat treated, or their few flow formed options are most likely stronger than the 'go to' Konig choices for this car, and I personally like them aesthetically, even more than those wheels as well. [wink]
$5500-6000 is an astronomical figure for wheels on a car that costs $20K new, agreed. especially when flow formed wheels costing $1000 gets you 90% there. but when you're at the point in life and career that i'm at, value always tends to pop up in my head. and a comparable forged rim from a lot of other wheel makers would cost anywhere between $7K-9K (my BBS forged wheels that came on my rx8 r3 were $1800/wheel back in 2008...which is why i took the rim to a race shop to pay them to bend the wheel back true instead of buying a new one when it went out of round)

lol, i am 99% sure i would never buy forged rims. it's a borderline waste of money. but there's always that 1% of me that wants to take the Fiesta to its streetable limits.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
lol, I am 99% sure I would never buy forged rims. it's a borderline waste of money. but there's always that 1% of me that wants to take the Fiesta to its streetable limits.
That's the way I have felt in recent times about getting just cast/heat-treated, or flow formed (if available in the sizes/styles I desire) Braid, or Speedline Corse hoops.

But their strength (on bombed-out streets I must sometimes traverse on rubber band sidewall-ed 215/40-17s), styling, color I want right from the factory with no painting/powder coating co$t$ on my part, and yes, their 'rally cred' might just push me to get a set @ ~$430.00/wheel, but again, ONLY if I can sell everything else I own in rolling stock, save for the one set, first. [wink]

The 'compromise' for me would be just the same as what you are waiting for; the Phil's new style Pro Race LW, or KE Motorsport Pro, 17x8s.

But yeah, I still must dump a ton of current wheels even to get those, both for budget, and total lack of space reasons.

That's the way I have felt in recent times about getting just cast/heat-treated, or flow formed (if available in the sizes/styles I desire) Braid, or Speedline Corse hoops.

But their strength (on bombed-out streets I must sometimes traverse on rubber band sidewall-ed 215/40-17s), styling, color I want right from the factory with no painting/powder coating co$t$ on my part, and yes, their 'rally cred' might just push me to get a set @ ~$430.00/wheel, but again, ONLY if I can sell everything else I own in rolling stock, save for the one set, first. [wink]

The 'compromise' for me would be just the same as what you are waiting for; the Phil's new style Pro Race LW, or KE Motorsport Pro, 17x8s.

But yeah, I still must dump a ton of current wheels even to get those, both for budget, and total lack of space reasons.
lol! getting as *strong* as i can possibly get wheels are 100% because of Philadelphia roads. saving weight is a huge plus for sure but I'd absolutely pick the rally class wheels with the added weight over their street wheel for the peace of mind.