Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed V Series Quickspool Fiesta ST180 GT28 Tubular Manifold - Ford Fiesta ST 180 1.6 Ecoboost

I'm running a dhm kit now. The ATP/ puma header was too laggy. Honestly, instead of the puma header, just get a cyborg or an x-37. That 5000+ power band sucks. Lol.
Now that you have the dhm, what size turbo you bought? I know dhm sell gtx. Gtx turbos has better compressor impeller and ceramic ball bearings. Could you say thats the true difference between atp lag and dnm less lag configuration?

With the ATP setup, I started with the gt2860. Too laggy, got a gtx2860. Made NO difference in spool, so I added the puma speed quick spool header and spooled 300 rpm quicker. That boost curve is on the first page of the big turbo thread. I then bought the dhm quick spool kit with the gt2560. It didn't like my elevation and spooled slower than all the others. 7000' sucks. Russ then convinced me to try a gtx2860 again, but with a .52 a/r exhaust housing. That was the ticket. 20 psi at 3600 rpm. My best 3rd gear log with the ATP/ puma setup was about 4800 rpm, both gtx2860. This ended up costing waaaayyy more than I had planned. If I could do it over, I would have got a hybrid turbo and saved 6k. Lol. I has been fun though.

With the ATP setup, I started with the gt2860. Too laggy, got a gtx2860. Made NO difference in spool, so I added the puma speed quick spool header and spooled 300 rpm quicker. That boost curve is on the first page of the big turbo thread. I then bought the dhm quick spool kit with the gt2560. It didn't like my elevation and spooled slower than all the others. 7000' sucks. Russ then convinced me to try a gtx2860 again, but with a .52 a/r exhaust housing. That was the ticket. 20 psi at 3600 rpm. My best 3rd gear log with the ATP/ puma setup was about 4800 rpm, both gtx2860. This ended up costing waaaayyy more than I had planned. If I could do it over, I would have got a hybrid turbo and saved 6k. Lol. I has been fun though.
Don't feel bad, I feel your pain. I started with a ATP 2560r with a puma speed with a billet wheel upgrade. I had similar spooling issues so I converted the relevant parts to a quick spool setup and it picked right up with really good spool and a ton of power, then hot weather hit and its spool got a little worse so I switched to the same turbo you are on right now and my spool in hot weather was as good as the quick spool in cool weather and picked up even more top end.

need to ask, 1- how much boost is in your set up? 2- what springs are you using to achieve that boost? 3- Are you controlling boost with the original boost control of the car? 4- if yes, how you connect the lines or the line in the new tial External wastegate? thanks very much for your reply !