Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quick question in regards to Mountune radiator installation

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I currently have 2 jugs of Motorcraft Orange premix coolant on hand. I know it would be enough for the stock radiator, will it be enough for the Mountune? I plan on doing the install tomorrow with my son & I do not really want to have to make another trip to get another jug half way through. Thanks. (I do have a gallon of distilled handy, so I could cut it a smidge if all I need is another cup or two)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh for sure. There will be some left in the Block! I do believe its 6.5 qts in the whole system so if you have 8 quarts which equals 2 gallons you should be good! I gotta do mine soon too!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You could get a clean basin and catch the coolant in it and strain it if you need a little extra!

I currently have 2 jugs of Motorcraft Orange premix coolant on hand. I know it would be enough for the stock radiator, will it be enough for the Mountune? I plan on doing the install tomorrow with my son & I do not really want to have to make another trip to get another jug half way through. Thanks. (I do have a gallon of distilled handy, so I could cut it a smidge if all I need is another cup or two)
Yes, 2 (1 gallon jugs) is plenty.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Oh for sure. There will be some left in the Block! I do believe its 6.5 qts in the whole system so if you have 8 quarts which equals 2 gallons you should be good! I gotta do mine soon too!
6.5qts capacity with stock radiator, does anyone know what it is with these larger 3 pass?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It's pretty mild here in the NW, so unless you plan to park overnight at Snoqualmie or something in the dead of winter, which I doubt in a FiST, then definitely run more towards 70/30, will still give you protection down to about 10 degrees... what no one has mentioned yet is the capacity mentioned of 6.5qts is with the stock radiator, you are likely closer to 9 total with the Mountune, but still 8 qts premix plus a little more distilled should be about 60/40 and good to go!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I had two jugs of Ford pre-mix when I installed my Mountune and had plenty left over.
OK, so that would be 8qts, so if stock radiator coolant capacity is 6.5qts, then the larger radiator must not take much more at all then, kind of strange!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Maybe 6.5qts is the cooling system capacity ?
But that's what I mean, how it could it be 6.5qts both with the thin single pass stock radiator and with one that is triple pass and thicker? So maybe an extra 1qt more with the Mountune?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk