Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quick question

So I'm thinking about starting a build thread. Now with that being said I'm curious to see what y'all think about that and wat else aside from intake box exhaust and the symposer delete do y'all think could be diy. I'm always open to suggestions and advice. Just let me know and convince me to go through with it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
A lot of the stuff can be DIY if you have the place to do it. We put my coilover’s in my friends driveway. Most people put in their intercoolers themselves. If you have the driveway you can swap your radiator out for an upgraded Aluminum one.
We did my crossover pipe and I did my intake tube all dyi. Change out wheels etc.. it all depends on A: you have the place to do things and B: your motivated to do it.
I also look at it as time and money thing. No money and time dyi, Have money and less time and you know a tech can do it quicker you might want them to install some stuff.
Though on our cars there is a fair amount of accessibility which makes putting stuff on not too hard. Mainly time consuming unless your fast . Usually thats the ones that do it for a living in some way shape or form anyways.

OP
zumakid70cc
Thread Starter #3
A lot of the stuff can be DIY if you have the place to do it. We put my coilover’s in my friends driveway. Most people put in their intercoolers themselves. If you have the driveway you can swap your radiator out for an upgraded Aluminum one.
We did my crossover pipe and I did my intake tube all dyi. Change out wheels etc.. it all depends on A: you have the place to do things and B: your motivated to do it.
I also look at it as time and money thing. No money and time dyi, Have money and less time and you know a tech can do it quicker you might want them to install some stuff.
Though on our cars there is a fair amount of accessibility which makes putting stuff on not too hard. Mainly time consuming unless your fast . Usually thats the ones that do it for a living in some way shape or form anyways.
I in all honesty forgot about that type of stuff lol. Im a mechanic so most of that stuff I can and most likely will do myself. When I mentioned diy I ment stuff like I wanna make my own st200 style airbox and resonator delete. Infact I've already got a pretty good idea on the airbox and im pretty sure it'll work. I just wanna see the before and after numbers with a cob so it'll be closer to when I can afford the AP. One of the first things I wanna do is look at doing an intercooler sprayer. A good bit of what I wanna do won't be a huge increase in power it'll be more focused on cooling the charge.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I in all honesty forgot about that type of stuff lol. Im a mechanic so most of that stuff I can and most likely will do myself. When I mentioned diy I ment stuff like I wanna make my own st200 style airbox and resonator delete. Infact I've already got a pretty good idea on the airbox and im pretty sure it'll work. I just wanna see the before and after numbers with a cob so it'll be closer to when I can afford the AP. One of the first things I wanna do is look at doing an intercooler sprayer. A good bit of what I wanna do won't be a huge increase in power it'll be more focused on cooling the charge.
Then you will probably not need an intercooler sprayer. Just a larger intercooler.\

If your not going for a lot more power say just a tune on a AP then the list is kinda of RMM, larger than stock intercooler, Aluminum radiator, suspension, maybe some braces that all depends on if you think they are needed. Some will swear up and down a tree that a 6 point is a must have while others will state all is needed is the front 2 point etc..
Exhaust is esthetic not needed but loved. Usually the minute you delete your sound symposer you will find you want to do something exhaust wise so as to actually hear your engine and not the inherent sewing machine tick that it does.
Crossover pipes are proven to show gains this was done by Jason at Dizzy Tune when he dyno tested intakes.

Last but definitely not least and bigger deal than a lot of people realize or even think of is putting in a LSD. I am strongly of the mind that it is a before hybrid or BT upgrade.
Why is because our cars are made to handle and the LSD should have come as a stock option as it helps considerably in the corners and making the car drive more stable over all. As well as making TQ steer pretty much non existent.
Its not cheap but since you are a mechanic I am sure you could remove your trans and do the install yourself thereby only spending around $800-$1100 on the purchase of one.

I hope this helps with a little more detail on what is needed for what you want to do.