Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Radio Won't Turn Off

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Sorry for the delay. Sounds like this may have been intended to address a potential issue with 911 Assist. When in a wreck and the car shuts off, there's a possibility that the radio shutting off might interfere with 911 Assist. Try turning 911 Assist off though... resetting the radio I'd think would have the same impact; so long as the phone wasn't reconnected. While I generally don't recommend/trust third party images, it might be worth the risk since the current state of that unit is unsustainable. If you require help finding it on the forum, just let us know.

I'm sure their legal department had a hand in that decision. Since it wouldn't cost them a penny to implement the change, they took the Legal Dept's suggestion this time.

Not only could they not be updated without third-party modified image, but could be crippled or bricked in the process of using the OEM methods. I suspect it was only the latter that would trigger a replacement, rather than the fact that it just "didn't work". Matters with faulting hardware aside, Ford definitely had a learning curve between Microsoft's Sync 2 and their in-house Linux/Android based Sync 3.

My unit was replaced under warranty because it would not update via WIFI for me or the dealer. That was the reason for the replacement, "it didn't work". The OEM method, WIFI did not work was the simple reason 2016 non-nav units were changed out at the customers request. Others trying to back door the update caused issues, I had no desire to do that. I know of no units that bricked due to the failure to load the update via WIFI, just folks that used a USB drive to try to force it rather than wait for Ford to deal with it. The dealer tried to update on the their WIFI then ordered me a new unit. Ford's Sync team was easy to deal with and I talked to them often to get the latest on a fix, they finally told me to take it to the dealer and they would replace it, the dealer had to attempt it before ordering a new unit, understandable. The problem was the 2016 nav units had enough memory to enable the update, the 2016 non-nav's didn't per the Ford Sync team, so replacement under warranty was the only solution. Since then It tells me once in a while it updated, totally transparent for like 5 years now. As it should have been all along.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
My unit was replaced under warranty because it would not update via WIFI for me or the dealer. That was the reason for the replacement, "it didn't work". The OEM method, WIFI did not work was the simple reason 2016 non-nav units were changed out at the customers request. Others trying to back door the update caused issues, I had no desire to do that. I know of no units that bricked due to the failure to load the update via WIFI, just folks that used a USB drive to try to force it rather than wait for Ford to deal with it. The dealer tried to update on the their WIFI then ordered me a new unit. Ford's Sync team was easy to deal with and I talked to them often to get the latest on a fix, they finally told me to take it to the dealer and they would replace it, the dealer had to attempt it before ordering a new unit, understandable. The problem was the 2016 nav units had enough memory to enable the update, the 2016 non-nav's didn't per the Ford Sync team, so replacement under warranty was the only solution. Since then It tells me once in a while it updated, totally transparent for like 5 years now. As it should have been all along.
Nice! Wonder if they're still doing that. I know... laugh at me for asking...
The WiFi update wouldn't let me get to 2.1... only the USB did... and barely took that way as some functions were temporarily crippled.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Nice! Wonder if they're still doing that. I know... laugh at me for asking...
The WiFi update wouldn't let me get to 2.1... only the USB did... and barely took that way as some functions were temporarily crippled.
BTW the auto update last week made me reset almost everything with Android Auto and music stuff, also added ads to Android auto plus every car start brought up a Ganja music channel till I fixed that!

Last edited: