Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Raistron's Build thread

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's entirely dependent on how we figure out the BCM, as I'd like to make it possible to keep all the stock functionality, heated seats, sunroof, etc etc, right now we've got a LSX with a roots blower and a t56 magnum hooked up and ready to drop in to whatever we'd like. But until we figure out the ECM-TCM-BCM shenanigans, it will languish with the V6 that's slowly tearing itself apart.

If it turns out we cant get the BCM to play nice, the most likely move is going to be picking apart a salvage GT and it's drivetrain in, modify it from there once it's running. At which point that LSX and T56 will be making its home in its second El Camino since we've owned it lol
Even LS2s and LS6es <-(IF you can find one!) mod up nicely, and then you do not have to worry about that pesky crank position sensor reluctor ring debacle
scenario. [wink] [thumb] [driving]

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Thread Starter #42
Well, had no choice but to get the wheels and tires today. Had a blowout on the interstate after a surprise pothole put a hole in the tire. So I've got a set of 5, 4x108 16x8 Enkei RPF1s coming. Gonna wrap them in 215/45r16 RT660's and see what we get out of it. Should be here on the 28th for the tires, not sure how long until the wheels get in, but bought two day shipping. Fiesta will probably stay parked till then cause I can't stay under 50 to get to work, and it was sketchy getting back. Glad I ordered the full size spare wheel and tire.

Unrelated to the Fiesta, the G8 grenaded the 3.6, so it's getting a 6.0 likely from a wrecked G8 GT.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Unrelated to the Fiesta, the G8 grenaded the 3.6, so it's getting a 6.0 likely from a wrecked G8 GT.
I was just looking on the Mast Motorsports site to see if they still had some lower power/less modded LSxes you could use in the G8, and HOLY S**T did their prices ever go up exponentially since I was considering one of their crate engines (to replace the dropped lifter LS1 in my '00 Z28), 8 or so years ago!! [crazyeye][ohcrap]

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #44
I was just looking on the Mast Motorsports site to see if they still had some lower power/less modded LSxes you could use in the G8, and HOLY S**T did their prices ever go up exponentially since I was considering one of their crate engines (to replace the dropped lifter LS1 in my '00 Z28), 8 or so years ago!! [crazyeye][ohcrap]
Part of why we'd use the existing one we've got, but we've yet to figure out the BCM, hence the thought process of getting a wrecked GT. We'll see about that though, so many projects, so little time.

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #46
20230329_184839.jpg
20230329_184845.jpg
New wheels and tires are on, that's the fitment, less than in inch clearance in back so trimming will definitely be needed. Definitely gonna go with some fender rolls and taller tires in the future, need to fill that gap with thicc tires

Attachments

New wheels and tires are on, that's the fitment, less than in inch clearance in back so trimming will definitely be needed. Definitely gonna go with some fender rolls and taller tires in the future, need to fill that gap with thicc tires
FWIW, negative camber could get you where you need to be with fender clearance. a lot of people here buy @Dpro camber plates to get the back tires to around -2 camber (i think); it's a handling mod but the added benefit is rear fender clearance. if you wanted to do it up front you'd need to get camber bolts and/or a new adjustable top hat for you strut. camber bolts are a lot more straightforward but top hat is a lot more stout/OEM.

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #48
FWIW, negative camber could get you where you need to be with fender clearance. a lot of people here buy @Dpro camber plates to get the back tires to around -2 camber (i think); it's a handling mod but the added benefit is rear fender clearance. if you wanted to do it up front you'd need to get camber bolts and/or a new adjustable top hat for you strut. camber bolts are a lot more straightforward but top hat is a lot more stout/OEM.
Good to know, I'll look into this and see if it will be enough. Especially knowing I have intentions of going to a taller tire in the future, if it fits, it ships.

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #51
Took 2 L of ravenol without spilling any, tried to measure as I've seen in the manual (20mm from the fill hole I think?) Was on a lift so it wasn't too hard, but frankly it was too hard to tell, but the fluid wasn't close to the fill hole even with the extra .4 of a liter in there. Shifting *felt* smoother, but could honestly be placebo. Will be driving 300 miles to the Magic Dragon car show tomorrow, so we'll see how it feels then.

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #52
Took the 150-200 mile drive all backroads with constant shifting. I'm thoroughly convinced that it didn't have enough fluid in it before. Shifting is now buttery smooth, and silent, used to make very light clunk sounds.

Unrelated, but ordered all of whoosh's metal boost hoses, saw some knicks on one of the plastic pipes that I didn't like the look of so I ordered the whole set. As well as weather tech liners and the window protectors.

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #53
Got all the piping installed minus one that I believe is on backorder. Weathertech stuff is top notch, especially the window liners!

The Fiesta also got a big brother today in the form of a 2014 Taurus SHO that's replacing the wife's Hyundai. Likely to replace the G8 as a long trip car as well, given the heated and cooled seats, sunroof and all. 20230523_182712.jpg

Attachments

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #55
Those are kind of rare, as I do not believe that I have ever seen one out and about in 'the wild'. [thumb]
Neither have I, actually. It's absolutely faster and more comfortable than the Fiesta, but nowhere near as fun. I prefer being able to step on it and not be in felony territory in less than 5 seconds lol

Neither have I, actually. It's absolutely faster and more comfortable than the Fiesta, but nowhere near as fun. I prefer being able to step on it and not be in felony territory in less than 5 seconds lol
suggest you don't install an aftermarket turbo on the fiesta then...:sneaky: