Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rare Fiesta RS concept

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That would have been nice had it gone into production. Ford needs to start giving us cars again
Agreed, but unfortunately they'll likely have a hard time getting the board to go for it given the fat margins on crossovers and trucks. Only way I see it happening is if demand increases for small cars and they start losing sales.

Mikey456

I'm curious if the recent gas issues will drive small car sales at all. depends on how long it lasts I guess.

the issue I see tho, is most SUVs now get similar gas mileage to our little cars.
You will probably see more Prius’s driving around. They were hot in the day when gas got up to $4. Unfortunately the new ones are so ugly too. History repeats itself.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You will probably see more Prius’s driving around. They were hot in the day when gas got up to $4. Unfortunately the new ones are so ugly too. History repeats itself.
The future is electric. The good news is electric cars can be really fast.
If this gas price increase stays permanently, used small cars will go for more money, and gas guzzlers will glut the market and be worth less. You'll be able to buy an Edge ST for a song, but driving it will drive you to the poorhouse. :p

Mikey456

The future is electric. The good news is electric cars can be really fast.
If this gas price increase stays permanently, used small cars will go for more money, and gas guzzlers will glut the market and be worth less. You'll be able to buy an Edge ST for a song, but driving it will drive you to the poorhouse. :p
If you can afford one. You could probably get a “beater” Prius or Camry on the cheap. The cheap appliance cars are going to take over. Unless u can spring for $30k + for electric?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As concerns that youtube link;

The irony (given the AWD drive train) is that M-Sport/Ford World Rally team were still using the Focus as their WRC car back when that gen Mk6 Fiesta (as well as the great Mk2 Focus RS/and RS500) was being sold in Europe/rest of world.

They did not switch to the Fiesta as their WRC choice until the Mk 7/7.5 was released.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Not by ford, but there’s still plenty from Toyota, Honda, Kia, etc.

If those ever exploded in sales I’m sure does would consider bringing back cars
You can't buy them if they don't have them on the lots. And small cars have been absent from dealer's lots for probably the last 5 years.

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #13
You can't buy them if they don't have them on the lots. And small cars have been absent from dealer's lots for probably the last 5 years.
It's bullshit, if I had not found my 2019 ST I was going to have to buy a Honda or Kia etc. I'm a single old fart and have no need for an SUV or truck and a Mustang was out of my price range. It sucks when American companies force you to by off shore.

I'd imagine theres talks within ford to bring foci and fiestas back to the US given the current prices for gas. the development costs are already sunk for the mk4 and mk8 but im sure bringing them here is at odds with whatever next electric CUV shit thing theyre working on. Probably wont happen but a man can dream (and vote with his wallet)

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I'd imagine theres talks within ford to bring foci and fiestas back to the US given the current prices for gas. the development costs are already sunk for the mk4 and mk8 but im sure bringing them here is at odds with whatever next electric CUV shit thing theyre working on. Probably wont happen but a man can dream (and vote with his wallet)
Man, I hope so. I'd gladly have a MK7 and MK8 side by side in the garage.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
It's bullshit, if I had not found my 2019 ST I was going to have to buy a Honda or Kia etc. I'm a single old fart and have no need for an SUV or truck and a Mustang was out of my price range. It sucks when American companies force you to by off shore.
When we got the Fiesta ST in October 2019, it was what I wanted, but it was to be my wife's car. So I planned to go look at some others first, Kia Soul, Honda Fit, Hyundai Veloster. No dealer had any of those to look at. The Ford dealer had one Fiesta ST and some plain Fiestas. Fortunately it took about 2 blocks for my wife to decide she wanted the ST and didn't want to drive to other towns to find any of the other cars.

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #17
When we got the Fiesta ST in October 2019, it was what I wanted, but it was to be my wife's car. So I planned to go look at some others first, Kia Soul, Honda Fit, Hyundai Veloster. No dealer had any of those to look at. The Ford dealer had one Fiesta ST and some plain Fiestas. Fortunately it took about 2 blocks for my wife to decide she wanted the ST and didn't want to drive to other towns to find any of the other cars.
Buy that woman some flowers!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Most electric vehicles have an MSRP that makes fuel savings a wash.

I did a quick estimate once while looking at a Tesla and it would have taken a significant amount of time to recoup the higher cost through fuel savings. I did go with a used honda hybrid but that was more flavor than anything as its efficiency is now matched by gas corollas