Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear bumper assembly lower defuser...

PunkST

2000 Post Club
And this is why i miss the mk1 focus community. People dont start the pearl clutching behavior on safety if someone changes bumpers to a different countries specs. Sheesh.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #22
I do appreciate the safety concerns... but as PunkST noted in not equal terms, if it’s good for them it’s good for me. I can appreciate the mentality, but in this situation considering it’s a seasonal car and potentially show style car, it’s form and function are slightly different than most maybe. For me a full conversion is worth the investment and risk. It still retains a crash bar, it’s not as if it’s removed... it’s just “detuned” persay. Beauty takes pain lol

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
And this is why i miss the mk1 focus community. People dont start the pearl clutching behavior on safety if someone changes bumpers to a different countries specs. Sheesh.
No one is clutching pearls, by all means swap to the euro stuff it bolts right up. I work in the auto insurance / collision industry, there are plenty of cases where peoples insurance claims have been void or diminished due to modifications or behaviors of the owner (tow hook modifications, crash bar modifications, airbag deletes, etc). Its probably worse if you cut and weld your stock stuff to fit the euro bumpers since that would be extremely noticeable. Most insurance agents wouldn't know the difference between the parts, but if the accident was serious enough to warrant investigation, it would likely be noticed.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #24
No one is clutching pearls, by all means swap to the euro stuff it bolts right up. I work in the auto insurance / collision industry, there are plenty of cases where peoples insurance claims have been void or diminished due to modifications or behaviors of the owner (tow hook modifications, crash bar modifications, airbag deletes, etc). Its probably worse if you cut and weld your stock stuff to fit the euro bumpers since that would be extremely noticeable. Most insurance agents wouldn't know the difference between the parts, but if the accident was serious enough to warrant investigation, it would likely be noticed.
I can certainly appreciate this! Real things to consider there... what do you think the likelihood of them noticing a EU swap?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
As long as there wasn't extensive modification required to make it work and only 1-2 things needed to be changed/fabricated I can't see how an adjuster not familiar with our cars would notice. Now, if you went and swapped in dhms front crash bar, yeah they'd probably notice haha.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey, I don't have (nor could I afford LOL) any pearls to clutch. [:)]

I (justifiably) get crap on here for wanting to replace the seats and steering wheel with NO air bag, full race equipment, and then drive on the street that way, which yes, IS much more noticeable, and absolutely WILL get medical insurance claims denied/voided, in the case of an incident involving personal injury.
So I might be 'clutching' that third pedal, but nothing else.

I was just trying to make xxiaze aware of the possibility of insurance claim problems, in the yes, unlikely event of an accident, and a Gestapo-like adjuster. [wink]

Last edited:
OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #27
I would much rather be aware of the realities in a conversion. I didn’t even think about insurance when considering this ordeal. That’s what yall are for! It’s very helpful to know the truth, even if it’s not what I want to hear. Now I’ll consider more thoughtfully, but I’m still liking the idea of taking the risk... all things considered. We shall see. This will certainly be a ways out regardless... likely even a year or two.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Its not likely for them to notice at all, like I said it would be far more obvious if you modified the stock parts than buying the EU variant. The only thing I will say is that they are much smaller / thinner and THAT may be obvious. When an adjuster writes a quote they typically use photos from your car and compare it to the OE exploded diagram of the parts to figure out what to replace, its possible it could be noticed there. Unlikely, but possible.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Im in for looking up the part numbers needed. My car is already pretty much worthless after the deer hit. I wonder if we have any UK members that can trace the numbers down.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #30
Im in for looking up the part numbers needed. My car is already pretty much worthless after the deer hit. I wonder if we have any UK members that can trace the numbers down.
Look at the pictures I posted earlier... the part numbers are there.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #31

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So pat that it looks like id need a eu spec "diffuser" section for the ST and the lower valence piece that makes it an ST bumper.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So pat that it looks like id need a eu spec "diffuser" section for the ST and the lower valence piece that makes it an ST bumper.
You’d need a whole euro bumper. Go on eBay.co.uk and look for stuff there. No idea if they’ll ship it over though, but easiest place to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Nice! Ive got a small list of repairs on this car and my GF's. And now my mom's ranger. Im hoping i can get this stuff bit by bit.

So far, it seems that the general consensus is to just do the Euro conversion. However, for the small percentage of us out there that want to leave the stock crash bar in, what options are there really?

The previous owner of my car, whom I found out was a C-list celebrity, got rear ended while on a Lyft drive early into his ownership. From the scuffle, the honeycomb portion got split down the middle and detached from the diffuser. It looks like shite and I refuse to replace it with another plastic piece. (After owning an '02 Chevy Avalanche for nearly a decade, shining plastic becomes quite bothersome.)

For me, any cheap option will do. As long as it says that it will fit the US spec cars, I'll take a shot in the dark for everyone and confirm fitment.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So far, it seems that the general consensus is to just do the Euro conversion. However, for the small percentage of us out there that want to leave the stock crash bar in, what options are there really?
Stock, factory, that is the only option unless you want to get creative.

12 Ford Fiesta MK7.5 Rear Grille Black-345x345.jpg

After some digging around, I found that Zunsport sells the rear grille made of stainless steel. I'm going to try and reach out to them to see what it'd entail to make one for US cars. Probably going to say something along the lines of, "We have no interest in doing that," but it's worth a shot.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
After some digging around, I found that Zunsport sells the rear grille made of stainless steel. I'm going to try and reach out to them to see what it'd entail to make one for US cars. Probably going to say something along the lines of, "We have no interest in doing that," but it's worth a shot.
They are making a front upper grille for the US bumper, but one had to be sent over there to have it produced. If you want to send them a US rear bumper / diffuser assembly they could make it.