Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recommendations for an Intake

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Looks like you have done quit a lot to your fiesta, have you calculated how much each HP cost with all the upgrades you have done?
can you tell something about it from the standard HP until the final dyno result and how much money you spent to get there.
I have not done anything out of the ordinary performance wise. Ya I added a downpipe for the sake of cleaner flow. Yes the stock downpipe is capable of flowing 375HP and thats proven. I did exhaust because of sound i.e. stock exhaust being to quiet.

I went the route most go i.e. AP with tunes and then wind up wanting more power so upgrade Turbo as far as mods outside the turbo I did not do more than what is really needed per se.
Upgraded intercooler is pretty much a requirement in warmer climes as the stock intercooler heatsoaks on stock turbo’s after 15-20 minutes of spirited driving that was proven at Octane academy as they always gave the cars a 15-20 minute cool down period between sessions.
That was also partly for stock brake fade as well

So ya I upgraded my Turbo, changed out the stock bpv for a Turbosmart blowoff valve . That was a reliability upgrade as was the aluminum radiator.

I added a stronger Wastegate actuator again a suggested reliabilty upgrade. Intercooler is a performance upgrade.

So Turbo , downpipe, oh and Redline alloy 3 inch intake which is actually CARB legal and a good thing to have her in California besides being the largest straight through same size intake on the market.
So it was not just for performance but for modification legality here. Most intakes are not legal here.

My car goes like stink and shows vdyno at 284 hp and 284wtq on 91 octane pump gas.
Am I going to bother calculating the cost of my tune the AP the downpipe and the Turbo well I have but not to see the cost effectiveness but just to keep track of investment in the car. I have a fast car that puts to shame many cars two to three times its purchase price new of $19678. My Turbo costs with tune and intake and downpipe come in at roughly $2800-3k .
Which is really about the same or less than everyone spends when doing a Turbo upgrade depending on how far they go.
Overall said and done with all my current mods including suspension and whatnot I have roughly 10k over purchase into it. Did I intend to do that originally? Well no of course. Am I happy with results? Oh hell ya. Like I said earlier I make cars that cost twice to three times the cost of my whole investment look bad.
Ya if one really have to think about the cost of mods that much perhaps one should not mod their car. Modding cars has never been cheap and quite honestly modding these cars is a lot cheaper than modding a lot of cars.

I'm running a hot air intake (MAP with an AEM filter) :cool: with a Mountune crossover. Whoosh V3, probably a little too much intercooler but I like to think I'm balancing out some potential lag with the overall intake setup. On E30 it all just sounds nuts and is so responsive. I see the downsides but it's been a cheap and fun way to go for my wants.

3231E43D-7636-42D8-9C7C-C7A32E2B14F2.jpeg

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I'm running a hot air intake (MAP with an AEM filter) :cool: with a Mountune crossover. Whoosh V3, probably a little too much intercooler but I like to think I'm balancing out some potential lag with the overall intake setup. On E30 it all just sounds nuts and is so responsive. I see the downsides but it's been a cheap and fun way to go for my wants.

View attachment 57492
You still run the symposer!