Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Remote mic - attachment?

I have a remote mic to hang out the back of the car. When I went to set it up at the 1 event I got to run with the FiST, I realized that the exhaust exit was fairly far from the trunk. I was worried about having the dead cat flying around 12-24" out the back of the car. I also noted that the honeycomb grid at the back of the car is solid, so I couldnt just run a zip tie through the grate opening and secure the mic.

What are others doing to keep the mic stationary? I am considering drilling 2 holes in the grate, so I can run a removable zip tie through.

OP
Rexracer
Thread Starter #3
Perhaps try the spare wheel well with some zip ties to the tabs at the bottom... exhaust sound reverberates in this area quite a bit.
Thats effectively what I did for this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJKZV_JCwds

minus the lego that was rolling around back there, it sounds a bit tin-canny, would like a bit fuller sound. Though maybe it wont make much difference with a stock exhaust. =\ Maybe I should put the mic in the engine bay for the BOV sound. lol