Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Remote start on 2015 ST

Good morning all

My local dealer which is part of about three dealerships only has one 2015 ST coming in next week fully loaded. I have put down money to hold it and financing is all good (at 0.9% woohoo) anyways I do have a couple questions.

First off is that the sales person advised that the intelligent access with push button start remote has remote start built in. He showed me one from a different vehicle and said that it would be the exact same. Though for the life of me I can not find that on fords website or the brochure. Can someone confirm that the 2015 does indeed have remote start?

Second question is an odd one because im sure every person will have different views. They want to charge $1900 Canadian ($1500 US roughly) to get the care "protected" with life time fade warranty as long as I have it. I always go against this type of thing since im in my 30's and find I baby my vehicles. On a side note I am getting the protective film put on (like 3M pretty much)

Thanks in advance.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
NO remote start that I know of from the factory on the ST we do have push button start though. I try NEVER to buy the dealer scam add on's they very seldom pay for themselves ..but that is just me..

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
For the remote start the sales person may have not realized the ST is ONLY manual transmission therefore no OEM remote start. The other Fiesta ST trim levels with automatic do have options for remote start. He may also though, like I did, that ST is a trim level higher than Titanium, which it is not. The ST is actually based on teh SES leap froging the Titanium. So no autostart, however you get heated seats and block heater as standard.

As for the $1900 paint fade protection. DON'T DO IT. For a few reasons. 1- I only paid $699 for paint, fabric and undercoating protection at the dealership which I have done in my last 5 vehicles all at the same price, be it an econo box or a high end SUV. 2- The paint fading is a thing of the past with clear coat unless you keep the vehicle of a few decades, even than I doubt the paint will fade noticeably but the plastic will, which is not covered. Get some good wax and it will shine. Especially since you are planing on doing the bra.

BTW i'm looking for that option can you tell me where and how much you are quoted for it?

Wow. Don't bother with the paint protection. That's an ungodly amount of money. There are decent shops that can nearly repaint a car for that much. Not to mention by the the time the paint fades on these cars, you've probably already sold it, and if you haven't you probably stopped caring what it looked like long ago because it likely faded from neglect.

Not to mention the fine print probably lists all kinds of exceptions. Notice their calling it "fade protection" is probably very calculated. This is just their way of fleecing fools from their money. Can you blame them for trying?

You'd get more service out of that money using it to start a camp fire.

Semi regular washing and a quarterly application of high durability wax or sealant type product will serve you better than any dealer provided product or warranty, will actually have an effect on resale, and will probably cost you $50 a year if that.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
BTW i'm looking for that option can you tell me where and how much you are quoted for it?
If you mean the so called "protection" package, it seems to be dealer specific and not a Ford thing. I have bought 3 new cars now, my other being a Hyundai Santa Fe and the finance people lay it on thick. I always found it funny that it was the finance people selling the package and not sales. I assume because the sales people do not want people to walk away. At the one Hyundai dealership the finance lady was so pushy to the point I put in a complaint. So far this Ford dealer seems to be good so i'm not worried.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
ohh sorry

Ya its pretty much their own 3M kit. It was $999 Canadian for the hood, fender, mirrors, bumper, and im trying to get them to throw in the lights.

edit: they threw in the lights.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
First off is that the sales person advised that the intelligent access with push button start remote has remote start built in. He showed me one from a different vehicle and said that it would be the exact same. Though for the life of me I can not find that on fords website or the brochure. Can someone confirm that the 2015 does indeed have remote start?
It's actually the opposite[wink]. Because of the Intelligent we are unable to get remote start on our cars.

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
Yeah the lights are a big deal. The headlights on these cars are damn massive haha.
Lol yup and the fact I live where the winter lasts 5-6 months (not this year though) and they throw down a lot of rocks on the roads.

I would say don't do the paint protection, I work for a dealer and they'll push the sale of "perma plate" which is supposed to protect your exterior and interior. In my honest opinion, it's BS, It's just a fancy detail so they can charge you more. The best thing you can do to protect the paint on your car, is to hand wash with soap/wax for cars, clay bar, and then wax your car. Shoot for once a month on the clay and wax if you can, that's what will help protect your paint in the long run.

Good morning all

My local dealer which is part of about three dealerships only has one 2015 ST coming in next week fully loaded. I have put down money to hold it and financing is all good (at 0.9% woohoo) anyways I do have a couple questions.

Second question is an odd one because im sure every person will have different views. They want to charge $1900 Canadian ($1500 US roughly) to get the care "protected" with life time fade warranty as long as I have it. I always go against this type of thing since im in my 30's and find I baby my vehicles. On a side note I am getting the protective film put on (like 3M pretty much)

Thanks in advance.
You can't put remote start on a manual... You probably could, but you really don't want to!
Can you imagine starting your car in gear and watching it take off down the road??
Or threw the back of the house!

You can't put remote start on a manual... You probably could, but you really don't want to!
Can you imagine starting your car in gear and watching it take off down the road??
Or threw the back of the house!
You actually can with Viper or Compustar units. You can only engage auto start with the car in neutral. I don't know if those work with keyless though but with "traditional cars", you'll stop, pull up the ebrake, take the key out (the auto start feature will keep the engine running til you step on the brake or open and shut the door), and get out of the car. It's a lot easier to show you than to say it with words though haha.

I agree, because neutral parking is considered dangerous/irresponsible and Ford actually tells you to park in 1st gear, so why add something that is just screaming "recall".

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
14 years ago I remote started my 5.0L fox while in the house and it drove across the street and hit a pole, lol. Luckly... No cars were driving down that street ( it was a fairly busy road normally ).

Yes, ford says no go on auto start with manual trans , the salesman I had said he seen a car go through the showroom window from the out side , cuz the porter left in in gear on a car that was being worked on , and then auto started it , talk about better staying in bed that day , yikes

J2FoRS

I have a 14, it has the like, clear 3M stuff you speak of on the fenders etc. But I bought mine slightly used, previous owner bought a "Paint Protection" thing quoted on the bill of sale I have for $500 but don't know what it was exactly.

I never used to do the "protection packages" that I think your speaking of, but on my 2012 Mustang the sales guy asked if I wanted to add the Paint, rust and interior package, and I told him I'm not the sort to just throw in thousands for gimmicks. He told me it was $899, but since I'm a long time Ford customer he'd throw it in so that hopefully it convinces me the next car it's worth it. Looked good had th e 3M stuff, had the rust and undercoating treatment and fabric protection etc. For the next 3 years everytime I brought that car in for an oil change or anything at all they did a detailed inspection for rust, scratches, paint chips, interior discoloration or stains. Buffed anything out of the clear coat, cleaned the seats.
My point is, it's dealer option not Ford one. If your paying a couple grand for some mystery package above and beyond the 3M stuff, (which was part of my "899" free one) then I'd be sure to inquire as to the full extent of their care and protection that will follow, and what products exactly are they applying to your vehicle for that cost. One of my friends got some paint thing on his new Mustang that's supposed to make it look Shiney and waxed anytime it gets wet...most shit looks Shiney to me when it's wet. Lol. Sooo :p

I have the 3m package.Front,hood,fenders,rocker panels,lights and above the windshield about 10".I don't know how much it costs as my boss paid for it.But I did the paint sealant,rust proofing package and it was only 599 but I also plan on keeping my Fist for a long time.