Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clifford alarm install with secure and safe remote start, whew!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
20+ hours of combined labor for one alarm install and still not done on the remote start but we have it all setup, just need another part and it should work out and be a very secure system and likely only one done right in a FiST as far as I know.

I could hide one key fob under the console, etc and have remote start now as we have achieved that in testing but we are going to have it setup far better than that, cannot start the car unless you use the Clifford controller, cannot put it in remote start mode unless in neutral....it is a pain in the arse to be sure but a great challenge at the same time.

Heading to AZ tomorrow and then taking the car apart for a few weeks for the turbo change and other mods so not sure when I will get back to the remote start with real security we do expect to resolve and of course let you know what was needed to be done to make it happen.

My business manager, partner and friend of many years that has installed nearly 1,000 alarms in every kind of vehicle made including super high end exotic cars said this was one toughest installs he has done but we are after the best results possible and he likes the challenge as much as I do:)

If anybody hear knows of this being done and working right please post it of course, this thread is about what can be done and help can be offered to others, ego is not the reason.

Note: Due to the nature of protecting our rides if there are issues that come up I feel should not be made public knowledge I will not post it here but will offer it in a case by case basis.

Have a great weekend:)
Rick

scrizz

Nice, I've been looking for a remote starter solution ever since it started getting cold! I saw some Focus ST owners were able to not hide a key by using the iDatalink Blade AL bypass. I'm interested to see what your solution is, as I hope to get one installed before next winter!

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I wish I could get this finished but no dealers to flash the key within 130+ miles and having to much fun looking at and buying fossils, gems stones, etc....

The solution we are working on will have a hidden key but it will not matter as you have to have the non factory alarm remote to start the car.

It kind of sucks having to carry around both remotes as the alarm one is quite bit...I am looking into ways to not have to carry the factory one but it holds the manual door opening key within it....

I installed an EVO ALL kit in my SHO, it was able to decrypt the original remote so you didn't have to stash one someone in the car or give up a key. The only thing I didn't like is exactly what you said in the last sentence, having to carry around two remotes...

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I had not heard of the EVO ALL kit, I will check it out right away though a bit late now but still want to see what it does, etc.........thanks:)

No Ford dealer here so no key programmed yet....when I get the key it will not be cut so cannot open a door manually and will not work to start the car as the alarm has disabled with the alarm remote so pretty darn safe if not fool proof and nobody would find it unless tear the car down quite far so towing the car would be require then tearing into it.

Nothing is fool proof for a real pro, part of why my cars are not to wild on the outside but with everything well hidden that matters and next I might add the GPS system like my truck has, the setup on it is very sneaky, all I can say;) Where I park it, how far away I go, if the dogs are in it super safe, car jack we are well prepared for that but sometimes best to just let it go and call for help, with GPS that is the smart move.

I have not found what I consider worth it yet but have looked into a video system for the car, truck and trailer that would notify us if something happens, need to look into it again as has been awhile since I last researched it.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Which part of AZ are you at Rick?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
We are staying in Quartzsite but I will be in Scottsdale on and off working on my daughters house and we plan to spend a few days or longer down in Tucson for the big Gem show the first part of next month and likely head back to Quartzsite.

--------------------

EVO ALL kits shows not compatible with push to start on this car:(

Same for what we are doing but it has been figured out on a similar car so we think it will work on this one as well, have some very good help on it.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Ah Quartzsite, yes there is nothing out there.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Busy right now with the gem shows, RV shows, etc.....and lots of interesting people to say the least:) We are going to do some desert ATV and rock hounding after the crowds leave.

I have spent a huge amount of time and money on cars over the years and my sweet wife loves this gem stuff and has patiently waited to do this so we are doing it well:)

We bought a fossil bathroom sink I am already planning a future bathroom build around which is making me think of some really cool areas for the whole house we will design and build completely by ourselves and off the grid.

I am not a complete hippy, we both love our little hot rod FiST:)

How did this work out, or is it still in progress? I've been considering an alarm and remote start for my car as well.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Sorry, forgotten all about it with all the performance mods I am doing right now, the car has been apart for 10+ weeks! Once I get it running I will search out a dealer with brains enough to program it, no luck yet and I told them how to do it!

Sorry, forgotten all about it with all the performance mods I am doing right now, the car has been apart for 10+ weeks! Once I get it running I will search out a dealer with brains enough to program it, no luck yet and I told them how to do it!
Thanks Rick. Hopefully they will be able to get it to work right. poking around their site it shows you have to give up a key. Darn shame.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I bought a $10 key of ebay or amazon, do not recall, just could not find a dealer that could figure out how to program it, I have the contact info buried on my messages I need to dig up to call the guy that has this figured out.

Well, I've called a few local dealers of DEI or Viper, and the official word from Viper is still no, they do not have a solution for the push button start intelligent key system on the ST. They say check again in six months...

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Th\is \is not f\ig6u5red o6ut o5r offe5red by DE|I b6ut the g6uy |I was wo5rk\ing w\ith \is s6u5re \it w\ill wo5rk once the key \is -p5rog5ramed, |I have had othe5r -p5r\io5r\it\ies and also fo5rgot to get back to th\is, w\ill do so when |I 5ret6u5rn to NV.

Hav\ing f6un 5read\ing th\is, my $$$$ la-pto-p \is not so well 5r\ight now....dogg\ies knocked \it off the table, wate5r \into the keyboa5rd...j6ust test\ing aga\in as have been bak\ing \it \in the AZ s6un, not done \it seems.

HAHAHA! I read it.

Sorry your laptop got bonked and watered. I figured I'd see what I could do on my end to see if I could make any progress. Seems like shops around here aren't interested in touching it yet.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
No email at the moment, laptop keyboard completely died, dug out my little tuning netbook but not running well,have not set email on the tablet which I only just started using and not used to it yet....I should have email up in a day or so.