Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Remote start with alarm

TheStig

Newer systems arent that complex. You just park the car and have it in neutral with the parking brake on. Then the remote start will work without issues, often if the alarm senses the car is moving at all it will turn off to stop it from rolling in case either of the other two fail-safes have not worked properly.

I just came back from the local auto a\v place and after having my car all day they told me they could not do it yet. I was trying to get the FW900 Compustar w/ alarm and Drone Mobile 3000 installed. They told me they could do '14s but their firmware wasn't updated with the '15s yet. The tech thought they would be the same, but apparently he thought something change between MY 2014 and 2015.

First Tech (compustar) told them that they were working on it. The installed said he was on the phone with tech support for a couple answer. THey told me 1-2 months. I am going to call them directly sometime in the next couple days to confirm.

I just came back from the local auto a\v place and after having my car all day they told me they could not do it yet. I was trying to get the FW900 Compustar w/ alarm and Drone Mobile 3000 installed. They told me they could do '14s but their firmware wasn't updated with the '15s yet. The tech thought they would be the same, but apparently he thought something change between MY 2014 and 2015.

First Tech (compustar) told them that they were working on it. The installed said he was on the phone with tech support for a couple answer. THey told me 1-2 months. I am going to call them directly sometime in the next couple days to confirm.
Any estimate of the cost?

Any estimate of the cost?
I am in Northern Alberta, so the prices are highers, and I was reusing the Firsttech CM 6200 Brain (compustar) from my focus. So what I was actually buying was :

Dronemobile DR-3000 (CDN version) [I had the old DR1000 unit that was the original Dronemobile but it had several problems, such as a big battery that would pull too much current and kill my car after a few days, and the new one uses 3g/lte network, the original used rogers 2G network).
New 2-Way FW3000 remotes + antenna (Upgrade from 1 way remotes my brain came with)
Turbo Timer Option
Security with horn.
Manual Bypass option (Required for standard transmission).

Price quoted installed was $1243.

I paid the same place about $1000-1200 for the original CM6200 with 1-way remotes and DR-1000, no extra options or security about 2 years ago.

I paid $1800 7 years ago in Edmonton for the Compustar 2-way (not sure the modle) with Autoconnect AC3000 (cellphone/sim card start) with full security and pretty much every option: window roll up/down/heated seat control/turbo timer etc also on a manual transmission.

I am still waiting to hear from the retail. I contacted the vendor without any luck. Will try again. Have been busy and not priority right now.