Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removing wing bolt

Was installing whoosh’s wing riser kit when I decided that I didn’t want to put it on any longer due to my two mounting holes on the far end of the wing being destroyed from the added pressure of my old Vega wing extension. Took the kit off of the wing and upon reinstalling the wing, when I got to this bolt I began to tighten but didn’t like the angle so I began to back out, the bolt became stuck, I am able to spin the bolt freely to the left or the right, but it does not back out or back in. It also rotates in a weird oval pattern. I am replacing the wing with a seibon carbon fiber replacement so I am not worried about damaging the mounting hole, but am stumped at how I can get this out. I have tried pulling on it, turning it etc to no avail. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
aruth55
Thread Starter #2
Also I already know this is a case of me being dumb and not careful…

Bump I hope you find the solution because I tried to put a set of risers on the other weekend and had the same issue. Could not back it out at all and it had a weird oval pattern. Was tempted to get some vice grips and yank it out put everything back the way it was.

It looks like the riser may have separated from the body. Grab some vice grips, give some tension to the bolt and start twisting slowly. Hopefully that should add pressure to allow the object to be blocked by the body of the spoiler and allow the bolt to free itself.

I'm running into a similar problem with wing risers.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
aruth55
Thread Starter #5
I hope you guys got it figured out, I used a clip remover to add pressure from the outside of the car while also loosening the bolt with an impact and was able to break the locking nut out of the wing, unfortunately that was the only way so if you guys plan on keeping the OEM wing I am not sure of a solution. Had a good amount of paint to touch up under there as well from the ordeal. I ended up replacing with a Seibon CF wing. F wing riser kits.

I hope you guys got it figured out, I used a clip remover to add pressure from the outside of the car while also loosening the bolt with an impact and was able to break the locking nut out of the wing, unfortunately that was the only way so if you guys plan on keeping the OEM wing I am not sure of a solution. Had a good amount of paint to touch up under there as well from the ordeal. I ended up replacing with a Seibon CF wing. F wing riser kits.

a ring riser kit was one of the first things i wanted to do to my stock fiesta. six months later and the kit is still sitting in a bag in my basement. seems like the minimal improvements in look is not worth the effort/risk.