Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replacing bulbs?

So I read that we use H11 bulbs for fog lights in our STs. Can we just replace the bulbs or do we have to get an expensive fog light kit? I'd like to switch my fogs to LEDs. Is it just plug and play with the bulbs? I've never done this haha.

Bluedrank

It's all very simple. I've done headlight, foglight, interior headliner, trunk, and reverse lights. They were all super easy to do.

There's no need for anything fancy, just get the light you want in the size that the plug is.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Be careful what you buy though. There are conversion kits out there. Look for the bulbs that are plug and play and that do not need a conversion kit.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
Be careful what you buy though. There are conversion kits out there. Look for the bulbs that are plug and play and that do not need a conversion kit.

Sent using Tapatalk
Any recommendations on bulbs(preferably not too expensive)? What about resistors, are they needed?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Any recommendations on bulbs(preferably not too expensive)? What about resistors, are they needed?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Earlier this year when I was shopping for LEDs, all the ones I found required conversion kits which I did not want to do so I went for the upgraded halogen bulbs. Lately though I saw in another thread on here that someone was using led bulbs on the reverse lights that might also work on other car headlights using the same fixture so I've been looking around to see if I could find an LED replacement for my halogen bulbs.

While there are conversion kits still out there...I have seen some LED bulbs on Amazon which claim to be plug and play, fit our cars, and have good reviews. I've been considering trying them out myself when my upgraded bulbs get low but I haven't personally used any of the LED bulbs so I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending any of those...yet. I did not have any problems with the upgraded halogen bulbs and I do love them for their purpose but if the LED bulbs are as good as expected, it would still be an improvement to look forward to. We will see. I was hoping to see if anyone else would chime in with any recommendations.

From what I've been researching (feel free to correct me if wrong), resistors are needed for combination fixtures in cars whose headlights use the same bulb for both high and low beams. Since our headlights have separate fixtures for high and low beams we shouldn't need resistors.

Just remember that highs are h1 and low/fogs are h11.

Sent using Tapatalk