Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replacing MFT with Android touch screen

http://www.amazon.com/lsqSTAR-Android-Navigation-Dual-core-Bluetooth/dp/B00MHQUMJE

No reviews or anything. The only videos I've seen are in chinese. there is one video of a guy playing with on in his ford focus.

BUT the benefits if this works are huge. 3G/wifi availability means no phone tethering. I could use google maps/waze as my default navigation. Pandora and Spotify on screen. The bluetooth support means I could use Torque Pro instead of fumbling with the Cobb AP.

This is only IF the thing works as well as it claims. The hardware specs aren't all that great, but if I had the cash to through around I would.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Its going to be difficult since lots of the cars function are integrated into MFT. I believe the link you posted is for the earlier generation standard Fiesta.

It's running an older version of android, which isn't a great sign, but then MFT isn't great either so it's got a pretty good chance of being better. I wish I could use a standard double-din unit in my 2015 FiST. I would replace MFT with a HU supporting Android Auto so fast.

remove your MFT for a week and take notes on what you will be missing....XM, Steering wheel controls, etc. adding another car data line to my Verizon plan isn't worth just "not-tethering.

Until I saw some reviews/tests on how it would interface with the Ford Canbus, I'd skip it.