Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Retrofit How Too?

Trader history for NorthLightingConcepts (2)

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #4
I will be starting this within the next week or so, so make sure to subscribe!
Note: I can get you all parts you need to complete the retrofit and can offer one on one support for forum members :)

Not sure if you’re still doing a retrofit DIY but that would be very helpful! After doing my research I just ordered an H1 retrofit kit from TRS. A guide would definitely help just in case I’m overlooking some things.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #6
Not sure if you’re still doing a retrofit DIY but that would be very helpful! After doing my research I just ordered an H1 retrofit kit from TRS. A guide would definitely help just in case I’m overlooking some things.
We have been terribly busy with part time job, and have not been able to do much. Over the next week or so, my schedule will be opening up dramatically and we will begin to start this.
Feel free to reach out via our Facebook page or email for a quicker response should you run into any issues.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #7
We will be starting this guide beginning this weekend with how to open up your headlights. Its been too long away from this and we are super excited to get back into it.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #9
Would people prefer video content or photos?
can the forum support video content embedded?

Which method will you be using to open them up, heat gun or oven? Because these headlights don’t fit in most peoples ovens lol.

This part is gonna be the most nerve wracking for me.. nothing like hacking up $200 worth of perfectly good headlights 😅

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #13
Which method will you be using to open them up, heat gun or oven? Because these headlights don’t fit in most peoples ovens lol.

This part is gonna be the most nerve wracking for me.. nothing like hacking up $200 worth of perfectly good headlights 😅
They fit in my oven. :)
I have never done any headlight with a heat gun....
235 for 18-22 minutes has always opened headlights for me. It may take a few trips back and forth, but it gets the job done.
The heat gun method maybe be some peoples go too, but I never cared for it.
Feel free to try it, you can also make your own oven with a sturdy cardboard box and use the heathen that way, though I would tread carefully.

7D705828-1BC5-4D1C-BCE0-10785CCDCE00.jpeg
Made some progress today! The oven worked much better than the heat gun. The heat gun was helpful for stubborn areas though.
Thanks for the help!

Those channels look clean!!!!!
The glue doesn’t stick to the black part as much as it sticks to the clear lens and I still have a lot of glue to clean off the lens. Also the black part is pretty marred up from prying it apart.. but with the hood closed you’d never know.

When I start splitting the second one I think it will go much smoother after knowing what works and what doesn’t.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #18
The glue doesn’t stick to the black part as much as it sticks to the clear lens and I still have a lot of glue to clean off the lens. Also the black part is pretty marred up from prying it apart.. but with the hood closed you’d never know.

When I start splitting the second one I think it will go much smoother after knowing what works and what doesn’t.
Feel free to message us directly if you get into a bind or feel stuck.