Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rev engine just prior to off

Wasn’t sure which forum to post, but maint seemed appropriate. My son seems to always rev the engine and listen to the sounds and then almost immediately turn it off. This is when he arrives home from driving it(and seemingly all my cars).
Thoughts? Can this be an issue in the long run with anything? I likely did similar things with my dads cars and never blew anything up, but now we are talking my money :).

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I believe this is very detrimental-
From the manual-

Vehicles With a Turbocharger
WARNING
Do not switch the engine off when it
is running at high speed. If you do, the
turbocharger will continue running
after the engine oil pressure has dropped
to zero. This will lead to premature

turbocharger bearing wear.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
As long it settles back to idle before he shuts it down. Shouldnt be an issue. I do it off and on. Because sometimes i just wanna hear it one more time.

OP
1eecom
Thread Starter #5
good clarification. He does let it come to idle but not for long. I’ll show him the warning and see if he limits it. He just got a 90 Miata but needs my car to pick up his brother and his big band instrument that doesn’t fit in his car. He revs that 30 year old engine as well but it’s not turbo’d. And it’s on him to fix that one. Thanks for the responses.