Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird Engine Revving

Hey all,

I've been having an issue that has plagued my 2015 FiST since I bought the car. It is a sporadic problem that I am unable to replicate consistently. When I am turning left and go to shift into second the car will randomly rev up without me touching the gas pedal and hold at that particular rpm range until I either continue to hold in the clutch to let it settle down or I dump the clutch. It'll sometimes rev to 3k rpms but it has occasionally revved all the way to 5k. The car currently has 1100 miles on it, and like I said, I have been unable to replicate this for the dealer. It usually happens when the car has first been driven after sitting for a little while. Anyone ever experienced this issue?

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
Oddly enough, that is the only time I've experienced this issue. I'll begin the left hand turn and short shift first gear. Immediately after I push in on the clutch the rpms will rise and hold for about 5-10 seconds and then finally come down. There were a couple instances where it revved so high I was startled and popped the clutch.

Not to be an a$$hat,but is it possible that you're inadvertently catching the gas pedal while on the brake?

OP
P
Thread Starter #5
Not to be an a$$hat,but is it possible that you're inadvertently catching the gas pedal while on the brake?
100% agree with you. I thought this is exactly what was going on because I have big feet and the pedals are rather small, but as it started happening more often I anticipated the random revving. When I saw the rpms start climbing I completely pulled my foot away from the gas and brake pedals just to make sure I wasn't accidentally revving. When I did this, the rpms remained and confirmed it was not because of user error.